Author Topic: Topic idea: Don't worry -- life's just an rough camp  (Read 2271 times)

waterart

Topic idea: Don't worry -- life's just an rough camp
« on: September 20, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
The topic idea: Don't worry, be happy.

I just started to listen to these, so maybe you have already done this.  I like your bi-line:  Helping you live the life you want, if times get tough, or even if they don't.

Some people think all this survival talk is for paranoid pessimistic fanatics.  Actually it should be thought of simply as proper preparation before you go on a camping trip -- yes there is a lot of stuff you bring that you probably will never use, such as a first aid kit.  But common sense tells most people that crap happens and to prepare. 

When your adventure begins, whatever life throws at you -- and it may be horrific -- endure it well, because some day even in the next life, you will be stronger for it, you will be comfortable around the other great people who endured their rough camp called life.

Whether we are preparing for the worst, or actually going through it -- we should not fear or be the whiny people that I sometimes see on TV who are complaining about the government not doing their job.  Let us be the kind of people who share our resources with those who need it without judging them (though I think you should protect yourselves from being robbed).

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm judging people and making tough times sound like it's no big deal, but I'm in the middle of tough times: Two major operations, and out of work for over a year.  I've been living off the equity in my house and that will run out in a couple of weeks.  We are living off our food storage.  I've got a plan and am following it. And people are giving us their extra garden food.  What an adventure.