Author Topic: Request for a show topic  (Read 2572 times)

F3

Request for a show topic
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »
Thanks Jack,

Now I have found another reason not to sleep. Since I found the podcast, I can't seem to make the normal bed time. Oh well sleep is so over rated. Thanks for the half hour of enlightenment.

Could you ponder a topic that has caused me concern and anger at times. It seems that so many people are spewing the "God Given Rights" and "It a right and can't be taken away per the Bill of rights" and no one remembers that it's really a bill of rights" and responsibilities"! 

I have yet to find a list of rights that the Almighty has sent to the U.S.A. regarding special rights. I just wish that the ones that tout ignoring the laws would expend 1/10 the energy in writing real letters to their reps and calling them to voice their concerns. Sure seems better to be a citizen rather than a criminal. The right to elect officials that work for US instead of big money should be far more precious than the others, it's the only one that keeps the others viable.

Seems so many think these are freebies and can not be taken.

This seems to come up every time someone dislikes a law and touts how they plan to ignore it due to the "bill of rights" says differently. As you can probably guess, it's a 2A VS concealed carry discussion. 

I just wish that the ones with this mind set would remember that you CAN loose rights. Ask any convicted felon.

So how about a show on the responsibilities that we as citizens have to go with the rights?

Thanks

F3

Rainman

Re: Request for a show topic
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »
Some of us need all the help we can get convincing our spouses/significant others that there is a need to be making preparations, which means giving it some priority with limited means/resources.  How about an episode to help us out with that, Jack?  I'm not much of a salesman and I've been doing all I can to prepare for survival, but it can be an uphill battle because what is happening to our Republic is so unbelievable!

You're very good with words, so give us a podcast that we can use as ammunition to support spending time and money on survival preparations.

Thanks for all the good information and for spreading the word!  Without the Internet medium, we would all be screwed.

amtank

Re: Request for a show topic
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

I just wish that the ones with this mind set would remember that you CAN loose rights. Ask any convicted felon.

So how about a show on the responsibilities that we as citizens have to go with the rights?

Thanks

F3

Don't you mean a felon and certain misdemeanors! 
Ex post facto law anyone?