Author Topic: shot gun or pistol?  (Read 1760 times)

Juggernaut

shot gun or pistol?
« on: July 27, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »
I'm looking for my first airsoft gun, and would like to stay on the cheap end of things, so I'm going with a springer... but in terms of accuracy and power which is better? a shot gun or pistol? I've heard mixed answers from friends. 

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
Re: shot gun or pistol?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »
Neither, really in springers.  For a pistol, just go to wally world and pick up one of thiers.  Most springers are junk, honestly.  But if you want a solid springer, get a TM shotgun at http://www.airsoftextreme.com, they are pretty good but still a bit pricey. 

Instead I would get a solid GBB 92FS, like a KWA.  You can get the non-metal ones for under $100 and they work great.  I have an all-metal KWA M9 and I love it.
"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights."

-Major General Smedley Butler, USMC

Juggernaut

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:38:28 PM »
Neither, really in springers.  For a pistol, just go to wally world and pick up one of thiers.  Most springers are junk, honestly.  But if you want a solid springer, get a TM shotgun at http://www.airsoftextreme.com, they are pretty good but still a bit pricey. 

Instead I would get a solid GBB 92FS, like a KWA.  You can get the non-metal ones for under $100 and they work great.  I have an all-metal KWA M9 and I love it.

thanks for the advice! your right, they are usually not that good, but the shotgun I shot works ok, its all plastic though  :'(  my friend has a FMJ AK-47, its awesome, but I'm not sure I would shoot it often enough for the price, I'm thinking of getting like a electric sub machine gun...

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »
thanks for the advice! your right, they are usually not that good, but the shotgun I shot works ok, its all plastic though  :'(  my friend has a FMJ AK-47, its awesome, but I'm not sure I would shoot it often enough for the price, I'm thinking of getting like a electric sub machine gun...

Well, it just depends on what you are looking to spend?  What is your budget?
"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights."

-Major General Smedley Butler, USMC

Offline Darklen

• Prepper
    • Bent Barrel Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 09:57:39 PM »
If you're intent on a springer, go with the shotty. A spring pistol is a pita to use if you're playing. If you're using it for drawing drills, they're ok, but light and the mags don't allow for realistic mag changing drills. My sn has a clear MaoMart shotty and it actually shoots really well with 0.25g bb's. Flat and far out to +100 feet. And dead on accurate to boot.
Taking the road less graveled

Juggernaut

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Well, it just depends on what you are looking to spend?  What is your budget?

I'm wanting to get a cheaper gun, to shoot with friends, without having to use their guns. I want to spend no more than 40 $