Author Topic: shot gun or pistol?  (Read 4208 times)

Juggernaut

shot gun or pistol?
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »
I'm looking for my first airsoft gun, and would like to stay on the cheap end of things, so I'm going with a springer... but in terms of accuracy and power which is better? a shot gun or pistol? I've heard mixed answers from friends. 

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
Re: shot gun or pistol?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:19:42 PM »
Neither, really in springers.  For a pistol, just go to wally world and pick up one of thiers.  Most springers are junk, honestly.  But if you want a solid springer, get a TM shotgun at http://www.airsoftextreme.com, they are pretty good but still a bit pricey. 

Instead I would get a solid GBB 92FS, like a KWA.  You can get the non-metal ones for under $100 and they work great.  I have an all-metal KWA M9 and I love it.

Juggernaut

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »
Neither, really in springers.  For a pistol, just go to wally world and pick up one of thiers.  Most springers are junk, honestly.  But if you want a solid springer, get a TM shotgun at http://www.airsoftextreme.com, they are pretty good but still a bit pricey. 

Instead I would get a solid GBB 92FS, like a KWA.  You can get the non-metal ones for under $100 and they work great.  I have an all-metal KWA M9 and I love it.

thanks for the advice! your right, they are usually not that good, but the shotgun I shot works ok, its all plastic though  :'(  my friend has a FMJ AK-47, its awesome, but I'm not sure I would shoot it often enough for the price, I'm thinking of getting like a electric sub machine gun...

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »
thanks for the advice! your right, they are usually not that good, but the shotgun I shot works ok, its all plastic though  :'(  my friend has a FMJ AK-47, its awesome, but I'm not sure I would shoot it often enough for the price, I'm thinking of getting like a electric sub machine gun...

Well, it just depends on what you are looking to spend?  What is your budget?

Offline Darklen

• Prepper
    • Bent Barrel Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »
If you're intent on a springer, go with the shotty. A spring pistol is a pita to use if you're playing. If you're using it for drawing drills, they're ok, but light and the mags don't allow for realistic mag changing drills. My sn has a clear MaoMart shotty and it actually shoots really well with 0.25g bb's. Flat and far out to +100 feet. And dead on accurate to boot.

Juggernaut

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »
Well, it just depends on what you are looking to spend?  What is your budget?

I'm wanting to get a cheaper gun, to shoot with friends, without having to use their guns. I want to spend no more than 40 $