Author Topic: Your current project  (Read 2528 times)

Hellchick

Your current project
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
I thought I'd throw a new topic out there: what's your current needles & strings project, whether that's knitting, crochet, spinning, etc.?

Like most knitters I have a hojillion projects going at once, but here's what I'm actively working on at the moment...

- A shrug I'm knitting from my handspun yarn. I spun up a bunch of beautiful, soft, blue merino/silk blend wool a while back and ended up with just about 400-500 yards of it. Not quite enough for a sweater, too much for a scarf or hat or whatnot. So I decided to knit a shrug with it. I love it so far, I can't wait until it's done. I"m knitting it from the top-down in raglan-style so I can try it on as I go. So soft!

- My spinning projects that I linked in the Yarn Spinning thread...

Those are my main ones! What's yours?

Offline flashcard

• Prepper
Re: Your current project
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
Heya Hellchick! I'm adding you as a friend on Rav. too :) I can't see your handspun shrug pic. in this thread, but I can see it on Ravelry - looks lovely so far :D

The projects I've got on the needles right now are:

- a pair of socks for my fella (damn his huge feet!)
- a giant pink cape for my mom (she picked out the yarn - I'm just not sure she's going to like so much pink all in one place)
- a second pair of roller skate baby booties
- a VERY warm hat

...that's it? Jeez - it feels like I have more than that going on, but that's all that I can find.

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
Hell-o,  I'm on ravelry as well.  My current project is Wisteria by Kate Gilbert.  I'm done but for the sleeves, working on sleeve #1, round 34.  Mine is olive green, as everything I make or wear is either green or brown (okay, not really, but almost.)

http://twistcollective.com/collection/index.php/component/content/article/50-autumn-2008/77-wisteria-by-kate-gilbert-

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »
Wisteria is absolutely gorgeous.  I really need to devote more time to knitting so I can do something like that. 

I'm in the process of making a top-down raglan from handpainted Malabrigo yarn. 

Offline swoods

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
Howdy girls! I've got a sock done........my first one and it looks very much like a, well a sock! :) Will be starting the second sock this evening. Purchased some very nice sock yarn over the past weekend while visiting family in northern Illinois. Since I know how to knit, crochet, sew, quilt and do most anything with needles (the crafty variety), making socks would be a skill that could come in handy.

I am a cross stitcher too, and have four projects going. I love to stitch and belong to a cross stitcher group that meets once a month. I drive 3 hrs to get there to stitch for 4-5 hours and then drive 3 hrs. home. We do a spring retreat and a fall retreat, friday through Sunday, and stitch like crazy women. I bought my first needlepoint project this past weekend also. I should post some photos and I will when I get mamabear to help me out with that.

I have a quilt that I have been quilting on for around 15 years or so................it's really pretty. My sis gave it to me since I don't like to do the piecing and apparently I am not one of those chicks who can quilt for any amount of time. I get bored.

Years and years ago when I got divorced, I had to move into a much smaller home and had a huge garage sale and got rid of lots of yarn, fabric, and crafty sorts of things as I had no where to store them.........dang I sure do hate that now! Just one of those dang things that happen when divorce shakes up your life. My darn kids thought they needed bedrooms instead of me having a sewing/craft room.

I digress, sorry. Anyway, I will post photos when mamabear shows me how (she's one of mine).

coffecat

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »
I got a book in a yard sale of small felt stitched ornaments and my sister and I are making ornaments to put on gifts.  They are very nice looking and coming along well.  Working on quilted table toppers, one being a wedding gift.  I make cards too and designed a calendar to work on with a niece who seems to have a penchant for taking photos.
I make "conversation piece" evening purses, all beaded and have orders for three.  I should show one on here after I get one made.  Would also be willing to send anyone the pattern for free.  C