Author Topic: B&M Bread in a Can. Great stuff for your Food Preps  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Capt Cook

• Survivor
B&M Bread in a Can. Great stuff for your Food Preps
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »
Now I don't know about everyone else here but I do like a piece of good bread with some butter, honey or what have you on it.

Bread is an often overlooked item on Preps lists. Sure, you can make it yourself if you know how, have ALL the ingredients & a means to cook it. But it won't store worth a darn past a few days without freezing it.
And just try taking some bread with you in your BOB, or carrying it in anything without smashing it.

Enter the B&M Brown Bread(with Raisins) in a Can.
This is great stuff that we always looked forward to around the Holidays.
It comes in a 1 pound can, ready to serve, is 99% Fat Free & No Cholesterol.
It has a Shelf Life of around 2 years & I've eaten some that was about 5 years old & this stuff tastes great.
You can even toast it, bake it to warm it up or even microwave it.

We just picked up a few cans at $3.00 each & we can't wait to have some.

You can check out their website at www.bmbeans.com

Give it a try & see if you don't buy yourself a few cans for your long term storage!

Offline 96Charlie

• Survivor
Re: B&M Bread in a Can. Great stuff for your Food Preps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the info but I gotta tell you that's the most screwed up series of web sites I've had the displeasure of visiting in a while.   Was never able to find a source for the bread - found their beans ok.

If you have a link for a supplier would you please post it?

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
My adult children have requested that I add that to my preps. It's just so darned expensive, but we love it!

Offline Capt Cook

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
It says here "Where To Buy B&M Beans
Not in your store? They'll ship to your door!

You can call them & order the bread & even some beans. Maybe cases will be cheaper.
My Brands, Inc.
Web: www.mybrandsinc.com
Email: customercare@mybrandsinc.com
Toll-free: 1-888-281-6400

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
I was just watching a pantry tour video and the guy had B&M brown bread.  It’s been years since I thought of the stuff.  I grew up in Maine, so lots of folks ate it with their baked beans etc...but my folks were “from away” so it wasn’t something we ate.  Now I’m thinking it would be a great item to add to the store room. 

Sure, I’ve got stuff to make bread, and I could whip up some tortillas or basic flat bread...but when things are really busy & you are tired, it might be nice to be able to just open a can and slice.  Or to have with coffee or tea in the morning.

Hopefully NY isn’t too far outside of New England to find some in the store.