Author Topic: Do you REALLY carry your gun at all times in your own home?  (Read 27793 times)

Offline daveinmichigan

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Do you REALLY carry your gun at all times in your own home?
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
I find that I do carry anytime I am wearing pants.  ;D I have carried long enough that it feels odd when I am not carrying. Part of the reason that I carry while at home is because it takes less effort to just leave the holster/pistol on than it does to take it on and off when I come an go thru-out the day. When I first started carrying, I would remove the pistol when I came inside but as I carried more and more it gets to the point that you almost forget that you are wearing it. After enough time, it feels (physically and mentally) like just any other EDC object that you don't consciously know are carrying, but something feels "odd" if for some reason you are not.
Money permits you to obtain for your goods and your labor that which they are worth to the men who buy them, but no more.

Offline Outdoorfury

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »
No offense taken here.  I am truly glad for you that you can relax in your home unarmed.  It is comforting to know that such places still exist in the world that one can do so.

I meant what I said earlier about my sidearm being much like an article of clothing to me.  I wasn't kidding when I find its absence to be physically uncomfortable.  I'm jumpy by nature and being unarmed makes it worse.  I don't feel particularly at risk in my home.  In fact, I feel much more secure (and actually am much more secure) at home than most anyplace else.  I just have a catch in my brain, so to speak, when it comes to my sidearm not being in its holster where it belongs.  It's happy there and I'm happiest when it is there.

If this were Facebook. I would definately "like" this statement. Amen
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! Patrick Henry

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time" Bob Marley

"I can't surrender. I don't know how!" Captain America

Offline BulkAmmo.com

• Survivor
    • BulkAmmo
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
I don't carry a firearm around the house. Unless I'm getting ready to go somewhere or have just gotten back. I'm so used to carrying that I don't notice the weight when I'm walking around.

I do however have a firearm on every level of the house. They are all in lock boxes due to my son. I wasn't as safety obsessed until my apartment was broken into. My wife walked in a thief and luckily he just bolted out the back door. That was 4 years ago and not long after we both had our CCL.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
I don't carry in the house because I always have a kid on my hip. I haven't been able to find a way to comfortably carry when you are bending, twisting, and lugging around 20 pounds of precious cargo for the majority of the day. If I could find an easy way to carry where I wasn't worried about the baby and my comfort I would.
I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children.

Offline pac1911

• Senior Survivalist
    • Safety Solutions Academy
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
I don't carry in the house because I always have a kid on my hip. I haven't been able to find a way to comfortably carry when you are bending, twisting, and lugging around 20 pounds of precious cargo for the majority of the day. If I could find an easy way to carry where I wasn't worried about the baby and my comfort I would.

I am home with my kids all day and I carry my gun all the time.  When I need to carry my youngest around I throw here in my Ergo baby carrier.  My gun is carried appendix in the waist band with a Dale FRicke Archangel and I have good access to the gun and both the baby (25#) and I are comfy.

There is no doubt that it takes some time to find a system that works!
Safety Solutions Academy, LLC
http://www.safetysolutionsacademy.com/combat-focus-shooting/
Reality Based Training, Unarmed Combat, Sharp and Impact Weapons, Ohio CCW, Advanced Firearms Instruction, Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun
Saving lives through information, education and training.
www.Warrior-Summit.com
16 hours, 4 instructors, 2 days, 1 goal:  To help you DOMINATE a violent encounter.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
I do use a baby carrier when I am out, but it just doesn't seem practical to put him in/out all day at home (He's 20 months). Maybe I should try out some different ankle holsters.  I have one, but it rubs me the wrong way without socks on and I'm too hillbilly to wear shoes and socks all the time!

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
I am right handed, and I find that carrying IWB on the right hip at 5:00 oclock worked great for me.  I'd pick up the kid and slap him on my left hip and my right arm was free for whatever I could do and he never came close to the sidearm.   I agree, I've used the slings and carriers before, but for around the house they seem to make more work.   There is a diaganal sling (Sorry cant remember the name) that my wife used for a while that is super quick and simple to slide a kid in and out of, but it always scared me becouse it didn't seem that secure.  (Just me being the clumbsy dad I think LOL, Used to be scared to death to give the kid a bath, kept thinking he would slip and cave his skull in or something, but I got over that REAL quick  ;D)

Carrying is always a mid line between comfort and utility.  If you can find that middle ground you are doing awesome.
Docwatmo

Father of 3 wonderfull little men, and lucky husband to an amazing woman. 
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
"Don't prepare for everything, prepare for anything." Doc 
"Gods Speed, Jenkins, Gods Speed" - Nafterize

Mark II, Mod 3, gas operated, self lubricating Inflatable Goat type 1
Ever watchful for the deadly Blue Winged Pecker Snapple
http://averageguyreviews.wordpress.com

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
I checked with my wife and she said there the two best options are for long term wear the Mai Tei (Not sure on spelling) was the absolute most comfortable.  Could wear the kid all day, and we often did.  The other quick one, is called a ring sling.  Kind of a mini toga like thing that goes across the front.  Super fast and easy to get the kid in and out, but if you wear the kid for long periods of time, the shoulder can take a beating.

Hope that helps.

Doc
Docwatmo

Offline pac1911

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
Carrying is always a mid line between comfort and utility.  If you can find that middle ground you are doing awesome.

Bingo!  And I think the best news about this is that if you find the middle ground, with time whatever mode of carry you choose will become more comfortable as you break in your body.  It is just like a new pair of boots.  find the pair that fits best, leave the store and hike 20 miles fully loaded and you are going to have discomfort at a minimum, and most likely some blisters.  Give your feet a few hours each day to get used to those boots and it will be a whole different story.
Reality Based Training, Unarmed Combat, Sharp and Impact Weapons, Ohio CCW, Advanced Firearms Instruction, Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun
www.Warrior-Summit.com
16 hours, 4 instructors, 2 days, 1 goal:  To help you DOMINATE a violent encounter.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:37 AM »
I have a LCP that might work with an IWB holster. I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice!

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
For me, some of this comes down to response time, too.  If I lived in an apartment building with no pets and no way to know there was a gang of thugs outside my door ready to kick it in at a moment's notice, I'd feel a lot more inclined to carry 24/7 than I would on a 40 acre spread with a 200 yard long driveway with a gate on it, motion detector driveway alarms, an electric fence with failure alarm, motion detector lights, two big dogs and a little yapper, and a steel door.  IMHO, warning time allows you the luxury of being able to take your gun off inside the house.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline pac1911

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »
For me, some of this comes down to response time, too.  If I lived in an apartment building with no pets and no way to know there was a gang of thugs outside my door ready to kick it in at a moment's notice, I'd feel a lot more inclined to carry 24/7 than I would on a 40 acre spread with a 200 yard long driveway with a gate on it, motion detector driveway alarms, an electric fence with failure alarm, motion detector lights, two big dogs and a little yapper, and a steel door.  IMHO, warning time allows you the luxury of being able to take your gun off inside the house.

Endurance - What you are talking about here is layers of security.  an important concept for sure and one that employed properly can allow you some leeway.

One question I would ask if I had that situation is, "Am I going to gun up every time a strange car rolls down the driveway before I answer the door."  If the answer is no, than I have those layers of security for no purpose.

I don't in any way mean the above in a judgmental manner.  Just how I would view it if I was in the situation you described.

pc
www.Warrior-Summit.com

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're still waiting but we're READY!
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »
Here is another reason I carry ALL THE TIME in my home.

From today's Denver Post - "Woman details brutal attack of home invasion" read more HERE

I'm not sure what would happen for me if I awoke to this scenario but my gun and other weapons are always inches from my hand especially in bed at night. Am I paranoid? Nope just realistic and trying to be prepared for anything.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my GOAT already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

America will never be destroyed from outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed GOATS." Abraham  Lincoln

DEV being nice... sorta goes along with GOATS howling, babies bursting into tears, birds suddenly becoming silent, and an ominous greenish lighting spreading across the landscape...

Offline pac1911

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
Here is another reason I carry ALL THE TIME in my home.

From today's Denver Post - "Woman details brutal attack of home invasion" read more HERE

I'm not sure what would happen for me if I awoke to this scenario but my gun and other weapons are always inches from my hand especially in bed at night. Am I paranoid? Nope just realistic and trying to be prepared for anything.

Bingo TBM.
www.Warrior-Summit.com

Offline ShootinMedic

• Prepper
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
Only time I am not carrying in while I sleep.  Mossberg 500 next to the bed and bolts on the door is all I have during the night.  But once I wake, it is a Kel-tec P3AT in the front pocket and a Glock 19 in a desantis Intruder IWB all day long.  Once I am home again, the Glock goes away but the Kelt-Tec remains.

Oh yeah, and a spare magazine for each weapon. If / when I have a weapon on me, then there is a back up in case of magazine failure.  Not because I believe I need 21 back up rounds in addition to the 23 that are already with the firearms. 

I am fairly young but understand the world has threats.  Plus, what if I am on them can while I need to defend myself?    ;D

Online ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
I just read through the whole thread and didn't see much disagreement with you guys.

I don't own any pistols, and I always feel safe.  I am considering adding Ammo to my purchases for potential bartering purposes.  What sizes of ammunition are the most common or would be most valuable in your opinion?

Offline TwoBluesMama

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »
Bingo TBM.

Thanks pac (sorry for the delayed response - have been ill but slowly climbing up to better ;))

And ttubravesrock - I think maybe I've lived too long to feel safe anywhere and I live in a pretty mellow city.  And then perhaps it's because I'm a woman but at least I've learned to protect myself and not become someone's victim.  I wish more ladies would consider concealed carry - scratch that - I wish everyone would conceal carry and perhaps will have a fighting chance when the zombies break loose or the nut jobs at the local movie theater.

As far as ammo my list would be long but I'll get back to you.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my GOAT already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed GOATS." Abraham  Lincoln

DEV being nice... sorta goes along with GOATS howling, babies bursting into tears, birds suddenly becoming silent, and an ominous greenish lighting spreading across the landscape...

Online ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
ttubravesrock - I think maybe I've lived too long to feel safe anywhere and I live in a pretty mellow city.  I will admit that I have never been shot at, and I generally stay out of potentially violent situations, but I have had an attempted mugging occur with me completely unarmed.  The result was one guy bleeding in the parking lot with a smashed skull, one guy running away, a pickup truck with a face imprint in it, and me being just fine letting the police know where they could pick up a seriously injured person who attempted to rob me.  I feel comfortable with my own ability to defend myself if needed.  I also feel that if I was in a situation where I was not comfortable with my ability to defend myself that whatever the perp wants, he obviously needs more than I need it.  And then perhaps it's because I'm a woman but at least I've learned to protect myself and not become someone's victim.  I wish more ladies would consider concealed carry - scratch that - I wish everyone would conceal carry and perhaps will have a fighting chance when the zombies break loose or the nut jobs at the local movie theater.  As far as zombies go, there's no need to conceal.  I mostly agree with you as far as nut jobs at the theater go, but what if that nut job was also wired with explosives?

As far as ammo my list would be long but I'll get back to you.

I don't want to derail the direction this thread has gone, but my general opinion is that most crimes involving a gun do not involve the perpetrator actually firing the gun.  I also believe that most of these criminals would prefer not to fire the gun, only to use it for leverage (not physical leverage). That gives the unarmed person an advantage.  I've never heard of a (non-police) breaking and entering where the burglar comes in guns blazing. 

I'd be interested to see your ammo list. 

Offline ShootinMedic

• Prepper
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
I've had my concealed carry permit for about 2 years and carry when ever I can.  We aren't supposed to carry while at the FD or in the ER.  (the two places I wish I could carry)  But whenever I'm away from work I always have my G-36 with Crossbreed Supertuck holster on my hip; in the house or away from home. It doesn't matter!

What are your ideas on carrying CONCEALED in the work place when your not allowed to?

I won't give the specifics, but I work in a similar field and deal with the same situation.  My company has a strict no weapons at work.  But all then"big wigs" carry dailey.  Almost all hospitals in my area post no weapons allowed.  If you research hospital shootings, I transport to one of the one that had a relatively recent shooting in the pharmacy. 

I carry 24/7.  Yes that means at work and in the "off limits" areas, minus the jail, government buildings, and schools.  I keep my forearms locked up in the unit in those situations.  But my death will not put food on the table.  Yes I have great life insurance, but you get what I am saying.  I want to be there for my family, and if that means I lose my job protecting my life, well guess what, I was looking for a job when I found that one.   

I recommend it.  I know people are like if the scene is not safe then you shouldn't be there.  They say cops carry guns, not fire and ems personnel.  I can't count how many "Harry" situations I have been in where everyone thought the scene was safe.  Things change instantly.  I feel more at home in my line of work, with a little more back up than an out of shape partner and dispatch at a radio's call away. 

Offline Poet

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
Thanks to my Mom, I survived two home invasion attempts (three if you count when I was in the womb). <Mama loves her 12 gauge.>
I later fought my way out of two attempted muggings v. multiple attackers (I was much younger and in much better shape and had the training to make it work).

Now, with years of street fighting and kick boxing behind me (WAY behind), I carry and I carry even when at home. Right now there are two , no, three, rifles within 3 seconds and a S&W 642 in front of me on my desk. There's a Maverick 12 g. by my headboard and a 870 on the wife's side of the bed complementing her 20 g. side by side in the corner.

It's not with me EVERY minute, but it's damned close.

Offline Andy in NH

• Senior Survivalist
  • Ex injuria jus non oritur
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
I don't own any pistols, and I always feel safe.

Your "feelings" can betray you.

"Being" safe and "feeling" safe are two very different conditions.

If violence comes to you, the perp won't make an appointment.

The perp won't care if you "feel" safe or if you are "ready" yet.

By being armed as often as possible, you can have the tools readily at hand in which to influence the outcome of the encounter in your favor, not theirs.
Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Online ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »
Your "feelings" can betray you.

"Being" safe and "feeling" safe are two very different conditions.

If violence comes to you, the perp won't make an appointment.

The perp won't care if you "feel" safe or if you are "ready" yet.

By being armed as often as possible, you can have the tools readily at hand in which to influence the outcome of the encounter in your favor, not theirs.

How to address your points...?

1. I feel safe because I have taken measures to live in a safer environment.  Google "Population Density Alaska" and compare it to your state (I assume NH).  New Hampshire's population is more than 100 times more dense than Alaska's.  If you subtract Anchorage (I live 400 miles from Anchorage), our state has virtually no violent crime.  Sure, there is your occasional pot bust, DUI, theft, domestic dispute, etc, but murders, and even homicide are very rare.  Here is a link to my local newspaper. http://newsminer.com/   Here is the police blotter.  http://newsminer.com/view/full_story_public_safety_report/20108078/article-Public-safety-report-%E2%80%94-Sept--11?instance=public_safety_report  I really do feel safe at home, and anywhere that I go in town.

2. I can't disagree with you on this point, but in my area being safe has more to do with staying warm and on the road in the winter and avoiding moose/bear encounters in the summer.

3. I'm making the percentage up, but if violence comes to me there's a 99% chance that there is zero intent to kill.  Let's talk about a hypothetical scenario.  My pickup still looks pretty new, even though it has 176,000 miles on it (06 F250).  Suppose I park in a parking lot and am jumped as I step out of my truck.  I'm pretty sure that they are there to steal my truck, not kill me.  What should my response be? The truck is mine. I paid cash for it. There's probably several hundred dollars worth of crap in it that is also mine. To be honest, I'm probably going to hand over my keys.  Am I willing to kill someone over a truck?  Not really.  I would file a police report, file an insurance claim, and hope that I can get my truck back.

4. See point 2, but I should add something.  While I admittedly do not place handgun ownership very high on my list of priorities, it is definitely on my list of priorities.  However, even higher on my priority list is handgun training.  I do not want to own a handgun until I feel like my wife and I are both proficient enough.

5. I never said I was not armed.  I almost always carry a knife.  If I'm wearing a belt, I have a large fixed-blade knife on my person.  Also, my wife and I are both trained with our shotgun and I am also trained with our rifle.  The shotgun stays at my house, while the rifle stays in my work truck.

Offline trekker111

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
Once you get used to it, it's sort of like carrying your wallet. Sure you can take it out of your pocket when you get home but why? You reach a point where if just feels like something is missing when your not armed.

My situation is a little different than most, because I could actually be fired from my job for being caught unarmed. While i am at home there is either a gun on me, or within reach, if not more than one.

Safety in the home is a learning and training issue, and a gun is never safer than on you, under your direct control. If I'm running behind i'll have one of my kids switch out the gun i'm carrying. They stay loaded.

All the physical security measures in the world are only a deterent, and only buy you time. Locks only stop honest people.

Offline Cooter Brown

• Survivalist Mentor
    • The Regular Guy Review
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »
Outside the home; always. Inside, most of the time, but there is always something within arms reach.

To a couple of these recent points;

Am I willing to kill someone over a truck?  Not really.

I'm with you here, however;

Suppose I park in a parking lot and am jumped as I step out of my truck.  I'm pretty sure that they are there to steal my truck, not kill me.

Are you willing to bet your life or that of your SO on that assumption?

Back to the at-home issue; living in a remote area would make me far more likely to assume that anyone that I didn't know showing up at my door has ill intent.
“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit. ”
                     -Julia Child

On the Web at:  The Regular Guy Review

Offline Mexican_Hippie

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
Why I don't usually carry a handgun inside the house:
(1) I'd prefer a 12 gauge or an AR over a handgun
(2) I will have a moment to act if someone is breaking in

(1 Explained...)
I have a small safe (http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/478/HDC11E_Home_Defense_Center) on one side of the house w/ a G22 and 12 gauge, and my main safe on the other side of the house with everything else.  Days that I work from home I am working in the room w/ my main safe.

(2 Explained...)
I have some common, simple "layers of security" that most anyone should have regardless of firearms (alarm, reinforced doorways/doors, double key deadbolts, dog, etc).  Inside my house I would know if someone is trying to enter.  I wouldn't just "wake up" with them hovering over the end of my bed.  I would have a a minute  to act.

Why I always carry a handgun outside the house:
(1) Carrying around a 12 gauge or an AR is inconvenient - even though its legal here
(2) I prefer to not draw attention to myself.

If I'm in and out of the house (e.g. yard work) then I throw the LCP in the pocket.

"Normal"
I've never thought about it much.  Its just "normal" to me.  When I leave the house I grab my wallet, phone, and handgun (I always have a knife on me).  I'm sure "normal" is different everywhere.

When I'm traveling to places where its prohibited it seems "weird" to me, kind of like hiking out in the woods but being told by the park rangers that you can't bring water with you...just really odd and counter-intuitive feeling.  I can't help but feel perturbed that other people are denying me a potentially life saving item.

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
You just never know if that "Junkie" trying to steel your truck is tweeked enough to kill you even if you comply.  Same with the guy who breaks into your home, you just never know how they are going to react.  Enough people are killed every day over nothing, and executed even after they comply with the perp to make it pertinent to carry a sidearm.

I don't drive around feeling "Safe" because I drive places where there is a low number of accidents.  I don't figure anyone is going to cross the center line and hit me head on, but I still wear my seatbelt "just in case".  Makes sense to be prepared.   

Docwatmo

Offline TwoBluesMama

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
You just never know if that "Junkie" trying to steel your truck is tweeked enough to kill you even if you comply.  Same with the guy who breaks into your home, you just never know how they are going to react.  Enough people are killed every day over nothing, and executed even after they comply with the perp to make it pertinent to carry a sidearm.

I don't drive around feeling "Safe" because I drive places where there is a low number of accidents.  I don't figure anyone is going to cross the center line and hit me head on, but I still wear my seatbelt "just in case".  Makes sense to be prepared.

+1 Doc

inbox485

« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2012, 01:16:54 PM »
To summarize my reply to the last several, if anybody forces their way into your home while you are in it, you can be 100% certain that you are part of their plan, and that no part of that plan will involve anything you will like. The risk you face at that point is directly tied to your ability to be ready to defend yourself and others in your home faster than they can get into a position to harm you or others. It is that simple. If you follow that to its logical conclusion, having a gun that you can get to as fast as reasonably possible without creating other risks or hazards makes a whole lot of sense. If you live in an area that has almost no crime, and you are okay with the possibility of being next up, that's your choice, but IMO that is just part of the tendency for people to assume that the bad things that happen will never happen to them.

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2012, 01:29:05 PM »
I know people hate statistics, but here's another reason to hate me.   ;)

If you're a male, the most likely person to kill you is:
Friend/Acquaintance/coworker/neighbor-- 35%
Stranger-- 15%
Family member (besides intimate partner)-- 7%
Intimate partner/former intimate partner-- 5%
Undetermined relationship by investigators-- 37%

If you're a female, the most likely person to kill you is:
Intimate partner/former intimate partner-- 30%
Friend/Acquaintance/coworker/neighbor-- 22%
Family member (beside intimate partner)-- 12%
Stranger-- 9%
Undetermined relationship by investigators-- 28%

So, as a man I should be worried about people I know at arms length.  As a woman, you should be worried about everyone you know. ;)
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
Outstanding Endurance. (I'm a stats kind of guy too).   Considering your much more likely to be killed by someone you know, seems pertinent that unless your a hermit out in the woods, your much more likely to to be at risk in your so called "Safe" zones.  When your not in your safe zone, your among strangers LOL  (now I know that depends on "Where" those strangers are, the bad part of town vs the good side of town etc.

Docwatmo