Author Topic: Merged Topic:Slingbow/Slingshot for Hunting  (Read 6048 times)

Offline DIM TIM

• Survivor
Merged Topic:Slingbow/Slingshot for Hunting
« on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:28 AM »
I have seen a few posts on some various forum boards about using slingshots to take small game such as birds, rabbits, squirrels, etc;
These little weapons can take all of these, and make your stew pot very happy (not to mention your stomach).  ;D
While reading one of these boards lately that I have posted on this subject, I came across a post by a gentleman that added this link Sling Bow Final Modification How To .
Dave Canterberry lives a short distance from my AO, and he has some great videos posted on YouTube. One of my favorites is his Versa Shelter. The original link is removed, but it can still be seen here. http://video.neighborhood21.com/video/98/Wilderness-Versa-Shelter-Part1
I love this one about the slingshot modification. I plan to add this to my slingshot, and make a bunck of the arrow modifications to start practicing with as soon as possible.
By the way, if any of you plan to do this as well, don't forget to buy some extra bands and another whiskerbiscut or two.......just in case.  ;)
One other thing, I was impressed with PVC pipe quiver added to his ALICE pack frame.......nice touch.  8)

Offline TNDadx4

• Survivor
  • Country roads, take me home To the place I belong.
Re: Merged Topic:Slingbow/Slingshot for Hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »
Absolute genius :) Thanks for posting
+1

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
+1 Wow. Just wow. I would have never thought to do something like this with a sling shot. I wonder if there is a way you could make a whisker biscuit yourself or possibly get it cheaper on Ebay. That would be a neat project to try.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »
Yeah, that is pretty cool!  I already have one of the WM slingshots, so I'll have to try to "modify" it like that. 

Thanks for posting the video.  :)

ChiefCornerstone

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
What ya think Guys and Gals..Think I might try it on a hog after I make one, let ya know what comes of it...

He also did a fishing adaption to it.. Scroll thru his pages some usefull stuff 

Sling Bow Final Modification How To

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
Pretty cool vid, thank you

ChiefCornerstone

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »
also in a earlier vid he was getting about 10 to 12 inches penetration on a hay bale.. The questions is how much penetration on a animal..  I will try a shot on a wild hog.. If i can bring down a good sized hog then I think he is on to something.. I also have to make one and a little practice time..

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »
Merged these two topics since the slingshot topic was more about the slingbow.

Michael Masse

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »
I put together a sling bow.  Worked pretty good but didn't have a long enough arrow to fully maximize the potential.  I also order the heavy duty pull off another website so once I get that on and pickup some longer arrows I will report back.  My neighbor just bought a nice bow for hunting and has set up a practice range so I'll do a side by side comparison.

It would be nice to add the whisker bisque because the ring does beat up the feathers a little but it is pretty spendy for my taste considering what all you get.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »

It would be nice to add the whisker bisque because the ring does beat up the feathers a little but it is pretty spendy for my taste considering what all you get.

Yeah, they were almost $40 at my local Wally world.

It is a cool idea though.