Author Topic: redding or other trim dies  (Read 1641 times)

Offline product85

• Survivor
redding or other trim dies
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
As another birthday quickly approaches I will be getting trim die for 223 remington. Anyone have experience with trim dies. I have a Lyman case trimmer, but really like the simplicity the redding chamber dimension trim die seems to offer. Is there anything unexpected to be on the look out for when using them or is going to be a huge time saver for prepping the hundreds of free casing i pick up at the local range every week? I will be happy to hear all accounts good and bad.

Thanks preppers

Offline Duc1

• Survivor
Re: redding or other trim dies
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »
I don't have any experience with trim dies.  I was using a redding case trimmer but I got tired of having to adjust between my 223,243, and 308 so I bought those small lee trimmers (caliber specific) and use it with a power drill.  Let us know if you get the trim dies and how they work.

Offline product85

• Survivor
Re: redding or other trim dies
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »
i have a little over a month of experience under my belt now with this and i love it! works great especially when you pick up as much 223/5.56 brass as i do at the local range every week.... this particular one is nice as it saves $$$ and time requiring no lube to use the die as i found with other manufacturers and the consistency is much better achieved this way than with my case trimmer (lyman).. the only down side could be the type of press you are using some set ups may require a special extended shell holder for the brass at about $12 but in my way of thinking even if that is necessary it is well worth it.