Author Topic: Consumer Alert: Survivalgeardepot.com  (Read 2328 times)

SgtBooker44

Consumer Alert: Survivalgeardepot.com
« on: September 02, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »
I'm not sure which section to post this in, Streatching Dollars and Saving Money seemed best at the time.

Fellow Forum members, I’ve been listening to Jack for almost 6 months.  I've gone back and listened to each of his pod casts and thoroughly enjoy hos work. Although we all may not agree on many things, one thing I firmly believe is that we all agree in getting ready for whatever may come. The advice here has been top notch and I think is from a group of like minded individuals looking out for one another. In that spirit, I’m here to post what a warning about an on line business that is less that professional. The purpose of this post is tell forum members about an experience I had. It’s my own experience and I do not know if anyone else has had similar issues with this company.

On June 19, 2009 I placed an order for 7 AR-15 magazines and a shovel from a www.survivalgeardepot.com. The magazines were back ordered and shipment from the manufacturer was a week away. The initial story I got was the shovel was in stock and the magazines would be shipped later. I told Jason, the owner, I wasn’t in a big hurry and to ship the entire order at the same time to save shipping costs, shipping was free. Two weeks later I got an email from the Jason (jasonvegas78@gmail.com) indicating the manufacturer shipped the wrong magazines, but shovel had been shipped. The shovel arrived in a few days.

After a half dozen emails and messages posted in the “contact us” section of the web site, I get an answer. “Emails have been sent to spam, sorry” he said a refund would be sent out on August 7, 2009. Follow up emails resulted in no answer until August 18, 2009 when I again asked about a refund check being mailed. Answer “Yes it has”. I haven't heard from him since. Here it is September 2, 2009 and still no refund.

The phone number listed on the invoice 702-782-1627 is no longer in service. The web site www.survivalgeardepot.com is still up. The site claims to be an authorized member of Authorize.net. That company link comes back “Unable to verify this site as an Authorize.Net merchant.”

I know, “Caveat Emptor, Let the buyer beware”

I’m posting this, after advising Jason and giving him a week to respond prior to this post. No response. I’m looking into other forms (and forums) of remedy. $100 for the magazines may not be worth going to Las Vegas, Nevada for a small claims action, where I would still have to collect. But I promise, he will get $100 in advertising from me, all bad.

Moderators, if this isn’t an appropriate post please delete. But I feel fellow members should be warned.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 02:01:48 AM by Serellan »

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
Re: Consumer Alert
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
If you paid with a credit card, just call your card provider and tell them to refund your money, that you didn't receive the goods,  they should pull the money right back out of the companies account - a "Charge Back".  The company you purchased from will be able to challenge this but will need to show sufficient proof, and pay about $10 just to contest.  They have to show that you signed for the charge at the time of purchase, which they won't have, or that you signed for the delivery, along with several other details.   

SgtBooker44

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I'm working through my CC company to do just that.  Filled out a simple form.  My main reason for posting here was to let other forum members know about my dealings so they can make informed decisions about where they spend their money, or not. 

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Sorry you had this experience, but thanks for posting the warning.

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
Brother, I have no problem with you posting this information here!  I would even go one further and post this in the guns thread. 

Thank you for the heads up.

BP

SgtBooker44

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 11:15:54 PM »
I got a letter from my bank today, they reversed the charges on my credit card.  Thanks to all who replied and offered ideas. 

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
Re: Consumer Alert: Survivalgeardepot.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 02:03:51 AM »
Edited title so that people can see who the problem was with.  Hmm...maybe we need a "dealer review" section so people can post thier experiences with sellers.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
Re: Consumer Alert: Survivalgeardepot.com
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »
We have a vendor section just for this sort of thing on a 4x4 forum I belong to. You can recommend or warn members of vendors you have delt with.