Author Topic: Maine Military Supply  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
Maine Military Supply
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
Mainemilitary.com

I've used Maine Military Supply for finding several surplus and survival related items.  They have an eclectic supply of various different items (note I have never purchased ammo or firearms from them) at good prices.  Many hard to find items.  I have bought fuel cans, gas masks, sleeping bags, firestarters, etc.

An example of their customer service follows:  I ordered an ECWS sleep system with cover from them, as their prices were MUCH cheaper compared to CTD or Sportsmanguide.  It was advertised in used but very good condition.  When I recieved it, I noticed several sewn repaired areas on the bivy cover that I was concerned would make it not as watertite as it should be.I emailed MMS, and even though they could have said "it's surplus, deal with it," they offered to exchange the item for one hand inspected to ensure it didn't have any repairs.  The replacement was like new (didn't look issued at all).

Sometimes shipping can be a bit slow going out (this is an actual store, not a wharehouse).  Other than that, A+, never had a problem with them.  Be sure to check their closeouts.

Offline nafterize

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Nate's Photo & Video Portfolio
Re: Maine Military Supply
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
I ordered a large ALICE pack & frame from them. Really good prices and reasonable shipping.

Offline SnowDog

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »
I've ordered a couple of things from them... and have been very pleased with the quality and descriptions of the items on their site.

Offline Stonebear

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
I have ordered from them once in the recent past. Mostly good things to say. Actually a sales rep. took the time to call me to let me know that if I went with their bulk Parachute cord spool instead of the individual hanks I could save $2.40. That's courteous service. Great selection as well.

The negative was that I didn't receive a pack that I ordered. It may have been backed ordered, but they didn't mention it on the shipping slip as one would expect to see. I wasn't charged, but I would have appreciated some notice about whether or not it was coming.
           I will certainly use them again.

Offline 96Charlie

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
I had good luck with them when ammunition was in very, very tight supply (as opposed to the current just "very").  They didn't price gouge and shipped it off right smartly.  Good outfit.

Offline catherine

• Prepper
  • My father taught me how to look after myself
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
I have just had a look and spent over an hour drooling over the contence of this shop.