Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 551500 times)

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
    • Preparedness Consulting Group, LLC
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #5640 on: November 20, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
Welcome to all of the new forum members.  I hope you are able to benefit like so many of us have through the knowledge and experiences of the group.

Offline Leftout

• Prepper
  • In SE MI now, but looking to "walk" to Tenn
« Reply #5641 on: November 20, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
Hi all!!  Long time lurker here.  Have listened to almost all of Jack's casts and learning what I can from him, and you all on the forum. Thank you for helping us all that want to be a Ant.
Prior Army '89-'92  Now in the rat race in Detroit and wanting to get out of it.  I wish I had the thought that Jack's podcast talks about not having to go to college and learn a trade you like and that would help you in a community. Anyway... I have gotten five acres in northeastern Nevada that will need quite a bit of work. I hope to be there in about two years setting up a new life that is more self sufficient than I am now with the knowledge of this community.
Thank you again.  John "leftout"
I miss America

Offline Farmer12

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #5642 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »
Hello guys, I was born and raised in south Texas. My wife and I (along with our 4 day old boy!) are about to start our homestead on a 40acre piece of property that is real close to family but far and out of sight of others. I was raised up on a large family operated and owned peanut farm and actually partnered and farmed a few years as well. I have firefighter/emt training and am continuing training in the medical and scouting field. Anyone around the San Antonio area, shoot me a message!
"A government forced faith is no faith at all"

Offline theJeffguy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5643 on: November 20, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
Name: Jeff
job: business owner/brokerage industry (suit and tie guy)
hobbies: RC Planes, guitars and photography
Why am I here: Just discovered the podcast and liked it so I joined the forum to see what other like minded people are doing.

Offline rohare

• Fledgling Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #5644 on: November 20, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
Hello there. I have been getting into prepping lately, mostly from the viewpoint that I didn't want to end up like those poor unprepared people in New York when the big one hits (I live in Earthquake territory). As part of researching the subject I found Jack's podcast and have found it to be the best contemporary data available on the subject in any communication medium. I've been a long time hobbyist shooter but have begun taking real training a bit more seriously (I'll be doing an appleseed shoot in December) and have a wife who is very supportive of both prepping and firearms training (she'll be attending the shoot as well). She's even insisting that we do some outdoor survival training next year! I guess I better get back to exercising again... Anyways, glad to be here and am looking forward to learning a lot more.
-Rory

Offline Winky

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5645 on: November 20, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
A newbie from MS. 50 year old professional that has enjoyed the outdoors for a long time. I've had a "Spanish Pipedream ala John Prine" streak in me a long time. Just found the podcast a few weeks ago and really like it.

I'm particularly interested in energy issues both on a personal micro level and from 30,000 feet up.

I'm a white collar guy that loves solo backpacking and the quietness of the woods to golf courses and cards at the country club.

I gardened years ago and want to start again. I'm particularly interested in permaculture - but that is a new word to me.

That's about it.

Winky   

Offline Riley_RNP

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5646 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
Hello everyone Riley here,

Just like to introduce myself as this is my first step in this overwhelming new life style. I'm 28 and have been having that "feeling" something isn't right for about a year now. I started prepping without realizing it after picking up new hobbies such as guns, camping, fishing and just about anything else I never really did growing up. Being a closet computer nerd the majority of my life I've spent way too much time behind this screen and love the fact that I can't wait to download every podcast I can get my hands on.

Anywho, I'm glad I've finally found an outlet that I feel will help me figure out this "feeling" I can't get rid of. If anyone has ever seen the movie "The Truman Show" with Jim Carey, every time I think I need some info on a subject, blammo, Jack has an instant fix with a podcast on just the subject I was thinking about.

I just want to thank everyone in advance for all of the knowledge out there that you've provided I've yet to read as I'm hoping it will help ease this panic mode I seem to be in currently.

Hopefully when I read this in the future I'll get a kick out of how far I've come.

-Riley_RNP
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Offline Lucid

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5647 on: November 21, 2012, 06:18:11 AM »
G'day, I'm Lucid from Australia.  Hi to the folks who know me from Aussurvivalist forum and a big hello to the folks from the USA.
Enjoy yourselves and I hope to rap with yous in forumland in the near future.
Cheers!

Offline Azaezel

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5648 on: November 21, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
Greetings all. Azaezel here. Im looking forward to learning all the great methods everyone has regarding self sufficiency. I will contribute when I can of course, but I am relatively new to the community and will surely learn much more than I can teach. Safe Journeys to all!

Offline RitaRose1945

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #5649 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
Hi all!

I'm Amy here in Vegas, which makes the whole prepping thing... interesting.  Not much vegetation to speak of here, and the only crops I got this year were 2 small bowls of lettuce, 3 Roma tomatoes and 2 peppers.  Yeah.  The population in Vegas is very dependent on the grid, and I'm doing my best to buck that trend on limited funds.  Thankfully, I don't have much at all in the way of debt.

I've been a ham radio operator for 20 years now, though I haven't had equipment in a while.  That's one purchase I'm currently saving for.  I also knit and sew, which comes in handy more often than you would think.  I sing, which has nothing at all to do with anything, other than being something I enjoy.  I also write (though I've only been published once in a magazine) and have a non-prepping rant-ish blog that I don't visit nearly enough.

I work for a local utility, and my layoff is planned for the next few months, so I'm doing my best to save.  I'm also trying to volunteer at local animal shelters and canine rehab centers because that's really where I'd like to focus once this job is gone.  Trying to earn some "street cred" for a future career that I would truly love.  During the course of my work, I came to the realization that I have a better than average understanding of what is going on in dogs' minds since my job entails walking into urban and rural backyards unnanounced and unarmed, surprising whatever dog is guarding his territory.

I have 2 (think they're) grown sons, one that agrees with me politically and one that really understands being able to fend for yourself.  Between the two, I think they'll figure things out.  I also have an amazing boyfriend that I never would have appreciated back in my 20s when I thought guitar players were the best thing ever.  Now I have a man that can fix pretty much anything and plans for our future, and I think THAT'S the best thing ever!

Anyway, this is my first post, but I'm looking forward to participating more and more once I get the feel for the boards here.

Offline achey

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5650 on: November 22, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I am new to the formal prepping community.  I stumbled across the podcast last week, about the time Mr. Spirko went off on a caller.  What a hoot.  I had to see if that was what he was all about.  As I listened to some of the other achieved casts, I found some valuable information.  Just had to come here and see how big the group is.  I am pleased to know that I am not the only "crazy" one.  Son thinks I am silly for prepping.  "Dad, we will just go to the store".

I am 42 and have been divorced with two children.  One here full time and the other half.  Am working on the debt thing, but along way to go, unlike most divorces I got more than half( of the debt) LOL.  Anyways I am in Minnesota , Land of 10,000 taxes.  Have been about ankle deep into prepping.  Trying to get a little deeper.  I am into the hunting and shooting sports, NRA instructor, and offer a carry class in my spare time. 

Just thought that today was a good day to say thanks to all of you who do put your knowledge on this forum.  Just signed up last night and already have ventured off of just jerky in the dehydrator.  Thanks again for all the leads and topics.  look forward to meeting a few of you.  Have a wonderful day with your families.

achey

Offline kennethjensen82

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5651 on: November 23, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
Hey Guys,

I am a newish prepper.  All we have done for prepping is this:

I have made a garden.
We raised chickens and ducks until a neighbor called the city on us.
I have spent a lot of time on wilderness survival and bushcraft because I am a mountainbiker/hiker/geocacher/etc.  I think that this crosses over pretty well to prepping.

I really want to start the prepping that I am allowed in my city, and will work on the law for livestock in my city.

Offline tonyhooah33

• Fledgling Prepper
  • NorCal Prepper
« Reply #5652 on: November 24, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
Hey All,

I'm from Northern California and have been trying to become more independent for a couple of years now. Started listening to the TSP in 2010 after I had spent 6 years in the Army as a Combat Engineer. Turns out you can't put blowing sh*1 up on a resume, so I am using the GI Bill to become a Nurse.

I am looking forward to combing through the wealth of knowledge that is on here.

Tony
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Atticus Finch"

Offline Ancient Armored Fish

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5653 on: November 25, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »
Hi from La Crosse Wi.  My name is Scott and I live in LaCrosse Wi with my GF I've been into the prepper mindset for about a year now...My increasing suspicion that something bad is going to happen is increasing everyday...I'm 44 and living on SSI disability and I'm not counting on that to be here in a SHTF situation...I'm preparing for an economic collapse followed by a complete breakdown in social order...I do have a fail-safe water collection/filtration and storage system in place...next on my list is building up my food stocks and security...I'm trying to find other Preppers or meeting in this area so if anyone here is from La Crosse area please feel free to contact me

Glad to be a part of this forum

Offline Vermicious_Knid

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5654 on: November 25, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
Greetings!  My name is Jason, from the TVA (TN/VA Area  ;D). Currently I am in the suburbs with a wife, 2 small kids and a dog who are all keen on the self sufficient lifestyle.  I started listening about a year ago actually, and kinda stumbled across the podcast by chance from a comment on a YouTube video about bugout bags.  Turns out I've been a pepper and libertarian minded individual all along but i didn't quite know it, or that there were so many others who felt the same way.  Finally got around to joining the forums a few months ago and am just now getting around to posting...(hey, life happens).

I really like most of Jack's ideas, and it's nice to know there are others out there with similar principals our own.  My current goal is complete self sufficiency for the whole family for 3 months with skills and equipment to stretch that out much further if needed. I'm more worried about mini SHTFs and getting debt free at the moment. 

I look forward to being a part of the community here, and hope to contribute where I can! 

Keep on prepping!

Offline caetano62

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #5655 on: November 25, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Brian and I live in Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil.  I'm 50, married with a 4 YO son.  I moved here in 2004 after spending a year on contract in 2000 with my telecom employer. I really fell in love with the country and had seen the decline of the US accelerating.  It was the best move I ever made.  I left California, pre-housing bubble pop and I'm still riding the Brazilian housing bubble.

I have been listening to Jack since episode 500.  Jack,  you've really opened my eyes to the prepper world.  I've been preparing for decline from an financial sense for more than a decade but you've really rounded out my perspective and areas I need to improve.  I finally put together a one month supply of food, a precious metals stash, and a bug out bag. 

Oh,  btw.  I have family in west fort worth.  I go there all the time and have a house near Lake Wetherford.   I look forward to meeting you someday.

cheers,
Brian

Offline Rock Deer

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Rock Deer
« Reply #5656 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
EDIT: Others were talking about wife's support.  For me, she thinks I'm crazy, but she's willing to "play along".  She rolls her eyes at me when I buy something for preps, but I think she may start thinking I'm right about this stuff.  The Hurricane Ike aftermath, with my grandparents without power for 6 days may have opened her eyes to some things.  Also, her eyes used to glaze over when I mentioned economy stuff, but she's seeing enough of it in the news that she may actually be turning a corner.  That, and she didn't get upset when I bought silver without "permission".  lol

EDIT: Also, be sure to let us know if you are coming in from another survival-oriented board.  I'm coming from Zombie Squad myself.  =-]

I've been "prepping" for several years now. @ first my wife was much like yours. More and more lately she has been making comments like, "Well we should probably do .... for when the time comes." or "We should look into moving to a more rural area....."

I've been on several other "Boards". What happens is I tend to get fed up with the "Arm chair" authorities that dominated the threads and think that their way is the ONLY way. Then berate and put down anyone with a differing view. We'll see how it goes here.
Better to be thought a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Type 7 FFL manufacturer of long distance rifles.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #5657 on: November 26, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
Welcome Rock Deer. I am on other boards as well and have to say this is one of the best groups of people and mods anywhere I have found. This forum and when I say "community" it truly is just that. While I have only met a few in person I feel like many are my close friends. I hope you feel and see the same as you you interact more.
www.wolfbeachfarms.com

Co-Founder and Educator at www.midwestsustainable.org

Aquaponics/Permaculture Entrepreneur

"You have a moral obligation to screw the government every chance you can." G-pa Wolf

Offline Neilsan

• Prepper
  • Squirrels prepare too, right?
« Reply #5658 on: November 27, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »
Evening!

My name is Neil, and I just figured I'd introduce myself as this podcast and forum become a bigger part of my life every day.
I have had a sick fascination with "survival fiction" and I was so glad to find out that I didn't have to reinvent the wheel or live in a dream world. After listening to "Avoiding Prepper Burnout", I knew I had arrived. Between learning how to use hand warmers for O2 absorption in food preservation, using my car as a generator, and being told to stop preparing for the zombie apocalypse and look for the realistic problem, I was sold. I'm actually ashamed that I didn't think of using my car as a generator and was looking online for generators, even when I'd used a cigarette lighter inverter already. Openly and honestly admitting that I don't know how much I don't know, but at least I learned early. I'm a 21 year old college student living in Southern California, about an hour out of LA. Like most everyone my age, I have a bit of credit card debt, but I have a plan and I should be able to stop paying banks and start saving or preparing in earnest as early as February. I would really appreciate anyone willing to help me figure out what to focus on and what to stop obsessing about. I absolutely love that someone recognized that being prepared was something valued by my grandparents, and now is considered paranoid.

Thanks for existing! You've restored a little bit of my hope for humanity.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #5659 on: November 27, 2012, 07:07:22 AM »
Welcome to the TSPF new members! We're glad that you made it!

Offline Geauxducks79

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5660 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
Hey all,

I'm Dustin and I'm a bit new to all of this as I'm sure all of you were at some point as well :)  I started listening to the podcast around episode 800 or so and download it every day before work.  I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and live in the Greenville, Tx area.  I'm 33, unmarried but in a relationship with no kids.  I'm now better educated about an economic collapse and see that it's a real possibility.  I've started my prepping this year and am working hard toward getting as prepared as possible, if times get tough or even if they don't :P  I've purchased a .308, AR-15, .45 ACP and a .22.  In response to the 13 for 13 Challenge, I'm now reloading my own .308 rounds and have found it to be quite a bit cheaper and MUCH more accurate!  I also bought my first 4x4 this year (99 Cherokee Sport) and am proud to say that the only debt I have left is my student loans.  We will be starting a garden for the first time this spring at our little apartment and I'm really looking forward to that.  This coming year I plan on buying a 3 acre or so plot somewhere in remote Arkansas and building my bug out/vacation/cabin on it and paying cash as we go.  I feel much more confident in being able to survive the storm than I did just a year ago, and am thankful for the podcast and this community to help acquire the wisdom needed to help myself and anyone else that may need it moving forward.  This has been a huge blessing in my life and I hope that I can perhaps return the favor in some way/shape or form.  Feel free to email me and thanks in advance for all of your support,

Dustin (Geauxducks79)

Offline Ohio Homesteading

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • The Cunningham Homestead
« Reply #5661 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:40 PM »
Hello,

I'm Nicholas from Ohio.   I love the show.  I have been trying to live a better life, if times get tough or even if they don't. since about Sept 2009.  Which includes starting my own business at www.ohiohomesteading.com Jack I wish you would start back up "five minutes with Jack" my wife and I loved that show!

Thanks for all you do.

I cant wait to get to know everyone here in the forum.

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin

http://www.ohiohomesteading.com

Offline CanningDiva

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Canning Diva - From the Garden to the Jar
« Reply #5662 on: November 28, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
Hi - I am Diane aka The Canning Diva

I stumbled across this forum while looking for a freeze dryer machine I can use here at home.  I just LOVE the information your provided and how you documented your step-by-step experiment process!  I am looking for a freeze dry machine now and have reached out to several manufacturers.  After reading your forum, I am now going to start looking for used machines via florists in my state...never would have thought to do so.  Thank you so much!!

I am a proud prepper and have taken my passion/love of canning to the masses via www.canningdiva.com and social media outlets like FaceBook, Twitter and Pinterest.  I am working to educate people on proper food preservation techniques and methods.  So far I have mastered canning and dehydrating and am looking to step it up a notch with freeze drying!  Super excited!

I am happy to be a member of this forum and look forward to learning a great deal more as food/water prep is only half the battle.  Thank you for hosting this!  God bless you - and God bless us all!!
Diane Devereaux
aka The Canning Diva
www.CanningDiva.com
Follow me on FaceBook at CanningDiva or on Twitter @CanningDiva

Offline WakingUp

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5663 on: November 28, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »
Howdy fellow humans!

I'm Dylan, a rehabilitating grasshopper from Central Arkansas. I'm pretty brand new to the survival/preparedness world, but everything I've encountered so far tells me this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

My eyes were opened to the wonderful world of being human after watching several documentaries on the state of our current food system. I guess the process started a lot earlier than that, but the documentaries prompted me to start a small garden. That garden (an abysmal failure for food production, but invaluable in terms of education) shot me like a bullet down the rabbit hole and woke me up to the possibilities of personal freedom that I once thought impossible. My eyes are open and I'm waking up to what it truly means to be human.

I have to give Jack and TSP a ton of credit for stoking my fire; I'd be much more ignorant and directionless without his dedication to this movement. So thank you Jack! I look forward to getting to know the like-minded folks on this forum and hopefully making a few friends on the path to personal independence!

Offline cptd

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5664 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:57 PM »
Hi folks!

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've made a number of postings here, after watching the forum quietly for a while, thinking perhaps you guys would be a good place to find some fellowship. I've had a mixed reception here after introducing some of my ideas (more on that later) but figure I'll stick around for a little while as most people have been warm and accepting, and interested in what I'm doing, even if it is very different from their own plans.

My story goes something like this:

Born in Belize City in 1976. My dad owned a125 foot sailboat, and we made a living taking rich people on private cruises and showing them stuff. I was homeschooled on the boat by my mom and grew up as part of its crew.

Went to college in 1995, hated every minute of it, did the ROTC thing and became an Army officer. 5 combat tours (Kosovo, Iraq twice, Afghanistan twice) in the Infantry, 82nd Airborne division and 75th Ranger Regiment.

Got out and bought my own boat. I'm a 6th generation sailor and am now teaching my own kids how to sail.

My plans for life and for survival are different from those of most preppers. Most of my preps revolve around living on the boat, and I've posted a thread on life at sea in which I detail the reasons for that decision.

What I do have to offer is a lifetime of experience with sailing, fishing everywhere from the Carribbean to Antarctica, collecting shellfish, harvesting kelp, getting by in developing countries, and a lot of tactical experience I got in the Army that I'm hoping never to need again.

I don't hate people who don't prep, and contrary to what I observed someone say in chat about me tonight, I don't hate homesteaders. That's where I'd like to correct the record. The person making the comment correctly observed that I am a dick, and I don't have a problem with that part - but I don't feel that I've said anything hateful at all here. If you can point out what I said that' hateful I'd be happy to issue a public apology.

I was under the impression that this forum was for survival in general, and not just homesteading, so I thought it would be OK to talk about my plans and perhaps open the up for discussion to others who might be interested in life at sea.

Everyone obviously advocates their own plan and feels that it is the best. I try not to fall into that trap but am as human as the next guy. Advocating an escape plan does not mean that I hate homesteaders, or that I don't think it can solve an awful lot of problems. Nor am I under the illusion that my plan can solve all problems, or that it would be the best fit for everyone. I just present it, along with my reasons for it, and you can take it or leave it. You can even call me a dick about it if you want to. It is a plan that makes sense for me, and I like telling other people about it. I'm not going to apologize for that or make excuses about it.

Let's just be clear about the hate thing. I don't hate homesteaders. I don't hate the socialists that are destroying America or the "sheeple" who elect them. I don't hate much of anybody. I don't even hate the Taliban, and they blew my left arm off. I sure as heck don't hate some guy in Texas that I never met, just because he doesn't roll the same way I do. Hating people clouds your judgement, just like being angry does. I'm not angry about things, either. Things are what they are. I see no point in it.

I have enjoyed some spirited discussions here on a variety of subjects and hope I can have more of them in the future. Just, please, understand that if I suggest an alternative to homesteading, it isn't out of hate. Ever.

Good luck to all of you, whatever your plans are.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #5665 on: November 29, 2012, 07:38:51 AM »
Welcome cptd. And all the other new members.

cptd Thank you for your service, and I have read several posts you have had and don't think what you are saying is negative in any way at all. It is a different point of view and you seem to have more knowledge on the subject you speak of. It is sometimes easy to criticize a different point of view or lifestyle or feel as we are being criticized because of a different point of view.

Could I survive the military. Probably not (I ask why too much, and have a whole authority issue), but I truly respect all those that do. Could others survive in a cube farm in corporate America? Maybe (not that i really want to myself) but is necessary to get where I want to go in the end. I am envious of the freedom you speak about on the boat/ship/vessel whatever it is called.

I can say I have really learned a lot from your posts and welcomed your distinct point of view and thank you for sharing it. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
www.wolfbeachfarms.com

Co-Founder and Educator at www.midwestsustainable.org

Aquaponics/Permaculture Entrepreneur

"You have a moral obligation to screw the government every chance you can." G-pa Wolf

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #5666 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
Greetings and welcome to all our new members! :)

Oink

« Reply #5667 on: November 29, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »
Hey everyone, short intro here with more later...
Name's Jimmy Pigg, also from the famously lame state of Illinois (only state in nation left without Concealed Carry)
I'm a 50 years old Reactor Operator at a nuclear generation plant ( two 1200 MWE units), a job I commute 5 hours a day round trip to & from.
I'm married with 4 kids, all grown and gone, living on a small farm (~75 acres). My wife breeds and shows Cane Corso dogs (AKA Italian Mastiffs).
I grew up on a small 80 acre farm about 3 miles from where I currently live and grew up hunting, fishing, and all the other thing country boys did back in those days.
I was introduced to TSP from a co-worker about 4 months ago and subscribed on iTunes. I've downloaded all previous shows and have been listening to them during my commute mixing new shows with all the old ones in order. I jumped in on #948 and have eagerly listen to over 400 episodes so far.
Hobbies/interests are various, but lately concentrated in scuba diving and re-learning machining. Currently in the process of setting up a small hobby metalworking shop. I figure it's time for a hobby with the potential to make some $$$ instead of consuming it.
Enough for now,
Oink  8)

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • One day my forge will be finished.
« Reply #5668 on: November 29, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
welcome guys. glad to see the community growing  :happydance:
Contributing to TSP Forum since October 19, 2008.

Offline jakerobinson

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5669 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:12 PM »
Hey folks,
Been a listener to Jack's podcast for a while and love the self reliance lifecraft...

I am square-foot gardening - about 300 total square feet... going into second year beekeeping and also do "bee rescue" - remove bees from structures (walls, attics etc) for fun and profit, I podcast about EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) and CME (Coronal Mass Ejections) by doing a review of NBC's TV show - "Revolution" - yeah, I know, the show does not attribute the grid-down to EMP but the results are the same... no power, most people die in the first 12 mos and a barter/primitive lifestyle is what you look forward to and maybe lots of civil unrest...  You can find the podcast at:

www.RevolutionFanCast.com
iTunes subscription: www.RevolutionFanCast.com/iTunes

We have interviewed Steven Harris and have Jack's approval to come on our podcast in the near future...
William Fortschen (author of "One Second After") has agreed to appear...

The season just ended (this is November) and we plan to interview tons of experts and authors about off-grid survival and power-down science and situations...

Just listed my "13 in 13" on the new website...

Cheers,

Jake