Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 2019764 times)

Offline Klapton

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »
Herro.  I found this place through a couple of other liberty/preparedness-related forums.  I hope to learn some new things, find some useful information, and engage in some intelligent discussion.  A few people here probably know me from some other places.  I'll try to behave myself, lol.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »
Herro.  I found this place through a couple of other liberty/preparedness-related forums.  I hope to learn some new things, find some useful information, and engage in some intelligent discussion.  A few people here probably know me from some other places.  I'll try to behave myself, lol.

Welcome, Klapton.

Goatdog62

« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
Welcome ITS Tactical! Were you on the Teams?

Welcome Klapton. Lots of good stuff/people here.

dwkreis

« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2009, 08:24:34 PM »
Cool!

I last saw in in 1991 at Ft Bliss when we returned from Desert Storm. Our reward? We got to stand in the hot Texas sun for hours and bask in our glory!

The Army...gotta love it.

Brave Rifles...why kill when you can overkill

ITS Tactical

« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »
Goatdog62,

I wasn't in the Teams. I made it to the tail end of 2nd Phase during BUD/s, got injured on a Drager dive in the Pacific and had complications which forced me into being medically retired from the Navy. I've got quite a few good team guy buddies who contribute to the ITS site, as well as other dudes doing good stuff in the Navy.

Were you in the service?

Cheers,
Bryan

Goatdog62

« Reply #425 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »
Goatdog62,

I wasn't in the Teams. I made it to the tail end of 2nd Phase during BUD/s, got injured on a Drager dive in the Pacific and had complications which forced me into being medically retired from the Navy. I've got quite a few good team guy buddies who contribute to the ITS site, as well as other dudes doing good stuff in the Navy.

Were you in the service?

Cheers,
Bryan

I hope you have recovered well from your injuries. I'm retired Army. Knew a lot of Team guys from my Blackwater time. I did check out the site. The lockpicking threads are something I am into.

TTex

« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2009, 03:58:50 AM »
I'm with you Pete

ITS Tactical

« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »
Goatdog62,

I did recover and recently got my Master Diver's certification from PADI so diving is all good, thanks for the well wishes. Good to hear you did some Blackwater time, hope you enjoyed it.
I'm glad you like the lockpicking threads, stay tuned for more!

Bryan

Goatdog62

« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »
Congrats on the PADI cert. I haven't been diving in almost two years. I need to round up the kids and go again.

Joliet Johnny

« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2009, 11:26:48 PM »
Hi my name is John and I'm 28. I found this in Zune marketplace during a random search for podcasts that sounded interesting. Before this show I guess I was trying to prep but I had no order to it. My wife still isn't 100% on board but she will come around (that's why I married her) I hope I can add to the conversation in a positive way.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #430 on: May 31, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »
Welcome Joliet Johnny
Nice to have you aboard.
I think you'll find a lot of good folks here.
Its a good place to learn and share.

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »

My wife still isn't 100% on board but she will come around (that's why I married her) I hope I can add to the conversation in a positive way.

Welcome Joilet Johnny. 

I've got the same wife issue.  You might consider reading the thread "Flip That Spouse" which is at http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=3239.0.

You'll like this place.

Offline WoG

• Prepper
« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »
Great site!  Wondered over here from the Zombie Hunters community.  Love the podcasts, interested in checking out these forums!

Thanks,
Jesse

Goatdog62

« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
WoG
Glad to hear from you. Enjoy the forum like you do the Podcasts, I do.

Goatdog

Offline Artos

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Ride life bareback
    • CPT Caveman's Cave
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »
Hey all, just thought I ought to introduce myself.  Found the podcast over on Ron Hood's site and thus found this forum.  I'm currently in Southern Diyala, Iraq.  Took command of an armor company on the 19th.  We are part of TF 3-66 Armor, 172nd IN BDE out of Grafenwoehr, Germany.  This is my 2nd trip to the rodeo, last time I was platoon leader of 2nd Platoon, Regimental Reconnaissance Troop, 278th ACR out of the TN ANG.  Decided, with over 10 years active service now, what the heck, this is what I love doing.

Hoping to retire within a couple hundred miles of Chattanooga on 20-30 acres and devote my energy to turning it into a permaculture haven...but that's still a few years away.  I have to be in language school in Monterey by Aug  2010 to learn Pashtu.  Ill be in South Asia the rest of my career...dragging the family along to sunny places like Pakistan, India and Burma.

Anyway, looks like LOTS of great info here, hope I can contribute.

Later

Black Jack 6

Offline dudekrtr

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2009, 01:16:28 PM »
Welcome Cpt Caveman! May you and yours be richly blessed for all your efforts and sacrifices.

Goatdog62

« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
Hey all, just thought I ought to introduce myself.  Found the podcast over on Ron Hood's site and thus found this forum.  I'm currently in Southern Diyala, Iraq.  Took command of an armor company on the 19th.  We are part of TF 3-66 Armor, 172nd IN BDE out of Grafenwoehr, Germany.  This is my 2nd trip to the rodeo, last time I was platoon leader of 2nd Platoon, Regimental Reconnaissance Troop, 278th ACR out of the TN ANG.  Decided, with over 10 years active service now, what the heck, this is what I love doing.

Hoping to retire within a couple hundred miles of Chattanooga on 20-30 acres and devote my energy to turning it into a permaculture haven...but that's still a few years away.  I have to be in language school in Monterey by Aug  2010 to learn Pashtu.  Ill be in South Asia the rest of my career...dragging the family along to sunny places like Pakistan, India and Burma.

Anyway, looks like LOTS of great info here, hope I can contribute.

Later

Black Jack 6

A Garry Owen salute to you Captain!

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
Hey CPT CAVEMAN
I know we already talked on other threads, but I wanted to ring in with a big welcome and thanks for your service.

Offline Klapton

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Goatdog62

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:04 PM »
http://listeninglab.stantons.com/item.php?stno=162673

I haven't heard the Garry Owen played in years. Thanks and +1 Klapton.

Offline Klapton

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
I haven't heard the Garry Owen played in years. Thanks and +1 Klapton.

As an Army Bandsman, I've played it at least a thousand times, lol.  When I was on active duty, we always had memorized the CG's and CSM's favorite marches.  Our brown-nosing readiness level was excellent, lol.  I forget which CSM it was, but for one of them it was Garry Owen.  Among some of the others were Ballad of the Green Berets, Texas Hill Country, Yellow Ribbon, and I forget what else.

I'd post some of the words we made up for these songs, but I'd get yelled at by the mods again, lol.

Goatdog62

« Reply #441 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »
As an Army Bandsman, I've played it at least a thousand times, lol.  When I was on active duty, we always had memorized the CG's and CSM's favorite marches.  Our brown-nosing readiness level was excellent, lol.  I forget which CSM it was, but for one of them it was Garry Owen.  Among some of the others were Ballad of the Green Berets, Texas Hill Country, Yellow Ribbon, and I forget what else.

I'd post some of the words we made up for these songs, but I'd get yelled at by the mods again, lol.

Oh, we had our own words too! I'd better refrain from posting them too.

Did you ever play a Cavalry tune that had the lines "Allons, Allons, the mighty cavalry" somewhere in it?

Offline Klapton

• BANNED
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »
Oh, we had our own words too! I'd better refrain from posting them too.

Did you ever play a Cavalry tune that had the lines "Allons, Allons, the mighty cavalry" somewhere in it?

Nope.  Doesn't ring a bell.

I found this:  http://altissimodistribution.com/songs-of-the-soldier_track13.php

Of course, I've played Sousa's "Black Horse Troop" a bazillion times:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S435ay0MqTc

Goatdog62

« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
Nope.  Doesn't ring a bell.

I found this:  http://altissimodistribution.com/songs-of-the-soldier_track13.php

Of course, I've played Sousa's "Black Horse Troop" a bazillion times:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S435ay0MqTc

I remember that one too!

Offline Artos

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Ride life bareback
    • CPT Caveman's Cave
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
My current boss has spent a LOT of time in Germany and we had to play der Panzerlied during the interlude at our change of command.   That and a reading of "Fiddler's Green"

Great stuff!

Thanks for the welcome guys, trust me, its great to finally find a job I love!

Offline Jason from PA

• Survivor
« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
Greetings...

My name is Jason, I have a small 2nd Amendment/Gun blog.  I'm a Connecticut Yankee in William Penn's Court. Having moved to York county area back in 2006 after marrying a beautiful Pennsylvanian gal.

Anyways, my desire is to have myself a little farmette and a fairly sustainable lifestyle.   Found out about this show via listening to a number of podcasts over at Gun Rights Radio Network.  Listened to a number of the gardening and permaculture episodes. Really dig those as it's an area I know very little about. I need a sign that reads "I KILL PLANTS!"

*LOL*

Was a little hesitant about a survivalist podcast, as that area is so full of wackos.  But the third episode I listened too was the one on conspiracy theories. And it assured me that you're on a straight and level road.

So cheers, to many more listens...

- N.U.G.U.N.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
Welcome abord N.U.G.U.N.

Offline romeo hotel

• Survivor
  • Every BOB needs a cricket bat.
« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »
Thought I'd introduce myself as well. I am new to the forum, and have been listening to the podcasts for about a month or so.  I am a former Army intel guy (insert jokes here...) who now works in Information Security.  I am new to this stuff, so I have a big list of things to work through and learn.

I recently started a Web site with some active duty Spec Ops buddies called ITS Tactical http://www.itstactical.com.
  I met Kevin Mitnick last year at a local university and he gave us one of these business cards. Great idea. http://www.itstactical.com/2009/06/04/backup-lock-pick-set/

Sandman

« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Bryan, and I've been listening to Jack's Podcasts for about 6 months now and absolutely love what he's doing for the community! I'm a former Navy guy who does Web design now since I got out back in '05. I recently started a Web site with some active duty Spec Ops buddies called ITS Tactical http://www.itstactical.com.

I thought I'd join to see if I could help contribute to a great group of like-minded individuals.

Thanks for having me,
Bryan
Welcome Bryan, It's good to have you here.

Good job with the ITS Tactical site.
I especially like Neil Strauss' TOP TEN MYTHS OF EMERGENCY AND DISASTER PREPAREDNESS.
I'm going to check your sight out further when my boss isn't around...

- Sandman

Offline Sheila

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
Hi all. I discovered the podcast from Lew Rockwell's interview with Jack, been hooked ever since. I lurked here for about a week then decided to join. I'm in the early stages of prepping and I've learned so much from the podcasts and this forum. I hope to be able to give back as a learn during my journey.