Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 2249383 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #7230 on: January 20, 2015, 04:20:10 AM »
D'  welcome to TSP,you will find plenty of people within your area who think like you do.TSP needs a sign of recognition ,a universal sign...an ANT "T" shirt might be a start. You might also post an invitation to a public place . Make yourself at home and share your knowledge with others here. You're among friends.

Offline dpreppers

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7231 on: January 20, 2015, 07:26:28 AM »
Good Morning All,

I thought I should drop in and introduce myself.  My wife and I are from the western slope of Colorado and have been listeners of the show for a few years now.  To tell you the truth I had not really paid attention to the forum until recently and have been lurking for awhile.  Looking forward to going back through some threads and meeting some new like minded folks!

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #7232 on: January 20, 2015, 10:32:21 AM »
Good morning and welcome D and D...

Cedar

Offline JoshChase

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Taking life one day at a time...
« Reply #7233 on: January 22, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »
Yes,Welcome HOME , JoshChase.
Thanks, Carl!

JPBeck

« Reply #7234 on: January 25, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »
My name is JP and I've been this way my entire life  :o I guess I got the prepping thing from my mom, whose parents went through the great depression saving and using every drop of bacon grease, not letting one piece of fruit fall on the floor without canning it or making jam. Growing up my mom recycled everything, and we used the word repurpose before that was trendy. I remember my mother teaching me to can and make jam when I was 6. Before that I was the cherry picker and my job was to pick the fruit trees so that not one piece of fruit was wasted.
We do the same with our trees now. We live in Southern California (but I'm not looking for sympathy). We live in the sticks where everyone has fruit trees and people mind their own business. I love growing our own food and making jam. We are on solar, my boys do not play video games, and they each got their own .22 at age 8. They never ask me what they can do because they know my answer... go outside and play. 
It was my pleasure to serve my country and that service made me who I am today. I'm a Father and husband, I work as a school teacher. Before that I had a dive shop. . I don't ware tin foil, but I watch the government closely. We don't buy expensive cars and for vacation we go camping in our 10 year old RV. When we go camping we go to dispersed areas (IE free areas, National Parks, ect.) we go a month at a time.   Just so you get a feel for our values.

I'm interested in the gardening section, the solar section, and the emergency preparedness sections  and am always on the  look out  for any tips I haven't figured out about boon-docking.  Anyways thanks for your time, and thanks for having me.  :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:52:16 PM by JPBeck »

Offline TEXASMOCHI

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
I'm Back :-)
« Reply #7235 on: January 25, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »
After a 3 year break (moved to the coast to help my husband in his restaurant), I am very happy to be back in my little homestead in New Braunfels and back to listening to Master Jack and his Survival podcast.  So looking forward to getting on the forums and interacting with everyone because, now that we are semi-retired, we have the time to do more projects and move our little 1.67 acres into the Bauernhof we've been dreaming of.  So excited!!! :-)

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #7236 on: January 25, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »
Do you have the country's supply of inner tubes in New Braunfels?  ;)

Cedar

Offline Theswerd

• Repeat after me...
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: I'm Back :-)
« Reply #7237 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »
After a 3 year break (moved to the coast to help my husband in his restaurant), I am very happy to be back in my little homestead in New Braunfels and back to listening to Master Jack and his Survival podcast.  So looking forward to getting on the forums and interacting with everyone because, now that we are semi-retired, we have the time to do more projects and move our little 1.67 acres into the Bauernhof we've been dreaming of.  So excited!!! :-)

Hey! I'm just up the highway from you! Nice!
If you want the cheapest gas in town, try the Mobile at the corner of Chestnut and San Antonio. There is also a neat bakery there my wife loves.

Offline Cadillac Kid

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7238 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:24 PM »
Hi. Jon from So. California (ugh,I know) 32 married one young daughter. In LE for almost 8 years now. I'm a Christian and belief bad times ahead are not only blatantly obvious if you pay any attention, they are also promised in scripture. So anyhow.....I have a decent amount of precious metals....guns and ammo...some food...

Really looking to get out of CA but timid to pull the trigger with how much LEOs make here in comparison to elsewhere.

So yeah. Hi ?

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7239 on: January 26, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
Hi. Jon from So. California (ugh,I know) 32 married one young daughter. In LE for almost 8 years now. I'm a Christian and belief bad times ahead are not only blatantly obvious if you pay any attention, they are also promised in scripture. So anyhow.....I have a decent amount of precious metals....guns and ammo...some food...

Really looking to get out of CA but timid to pull the trigger with how much LEOs make here in comparison to elsewhere.

So yeah. Hi ?

I think that you will find pay for your service is pretty much the same everywhere...I mean your hour gets pretty much the same purchasing power in groceries etc. I would not worry about moving to the free world as you are young and not so set in you ways ...We welcome you to the forum and think you should find advice from other LEO's here as to the correctness of my statement. I am not a LEO,nor have I played one for Television...though I was a volunteer for the local Marshals office.

Offline TEXASMOCHI

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7240 on: January 26, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Do you have the country's supply of inner tubes in New Braunfels?  ;)

Cedar

lol - severl years ago we had a big major rain storm, and we had to take my mom to the airport.  Luckily the rain had let up.  We drove over a bridge that crosses the Guadalupe river and it looked like a downtown Houston traffic jam with all the tubes floating rubber to rubber down the river.  It was surreal. (there were also a couple of RV's floating down as well which was a bummer to watch)

Offline TEXASMOCHI

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7241 on: January 26, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »

Hey! I'm just up the highway from you! Nice!
If you want the cheapest gas in town, try the Mobile at the corner of Chestnut and San Antonio. There is also a neat bakery there my wife loves.

That is a good price, and they have diesel too!  New Braunfels keeps growing and growing - I started to get extremely nervous when I saw them putting in a Family Dollar around the corner.  Yikes!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7242 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
That is a good price, and they have diesel too!  New Braunfels keeps growing and growing - I started to get extremely nervous when I saw them putting in a Family Dollar around the corner.  Yikes!

The Got-A-Dollar down my street sells Liquor,loose cigarettes,ski masks,and loose ammo...kind of a one stop shop.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7243 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:10 PM »
The Got-A-Dollar down my street sells Liquor,loose cigarettes,ski masks,and loose ammo...kind of a one stop shop.

I prefer tight tolerances for accuracy with my guns and ammo.

Offline rrunner75

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7244 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »
Hey everyone.  I posted this in the Regional Forums for the UK.  No one responded.  Thought I might post it here to see if it might rattle a tree.  Looking for like minded folks here in the UK. 

Hey Ya'll!!!  I am a Hillbilly that moved over to the UK.  I lived in North Georgia with the crazies and wildcats.  I had a 3 acre homestead.  Had dogs, cats, goats and chickens.  Also, I had about 30 varieties of fruit bearing trees and shrubs in a "semi-food forest" set up.  I sold it all and moved to Chesham, Buckinghamshire, UK.  Now I live in a partial Victorian Flat at the edge of the Metro London area.  I am a telecom engineer by trade and have been a "house husband" for the past six months.  I was an avid prepper.  With ammo, weapons, seeds, food and the semi skills to be ready for taking my life out of the corporate world to a true simpler lifestyle.  Self sufficient and self reliant to a point.  I have listened to Jack since around episode 75.  The old car days with him ranting and raving at traffic as I was in my commute. 

My life changed.  My wife was offered a role with a Fortune 10 company to come to the UK and be part of the whole of Europe in this, that and the other.  I have two boys(10 and 4) that I may never get to see the world with.  Between the work schedule that I worked and the expectations that my non prepping wife has, let's just say, how often to you get a chance to see the world with your kids, while they still listen to you and while you are physically able to?  We said jump and here we are.  Kids go to public (private for our my people in the USA) English school and have already shown them Dublin and Edinburgh. We plan on more but I have decided to transition from a house husband to back working telecom.  I have been afforded an opportunity to work from home in my field and still be there for my boys.  So, things are much different than I am use to here in the UK.  :) 

The reason I decided to post in the forum is one of several reasons.  One being, I am very alone in my thinking, not of "survival" but of self reliance.  I long to be back to where I almost was. On the precipice of being self sufficient via my income and lifestyle.  I am wondering were most of "my tribe" is.  My kind of people.  Hardy, self reliant people.  No offense but it does seem that there is a lot of people wanting the nanny state to take care of them.  I don't understand that at all.  Also, I am not one of those folks that will sit in the background and only think about myself when shit hits the fan in one form or another.  I think of it as being my responsibility to take care of my neighbors even if my neighbor don't know my name.  Point I am trying to get at, is their any others like me over here or I am going to start from scratch making converts?!? :)  Let me know where ya'll stand.  :)

Later,

Ridge Runner in the UK :)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7245 on: January 28, 2015, 06:31:43 AM »
Sadly you are in a new dependent society as there are likely few left alive who remember the lack of necessities during WWII. So perhaps a change in perspective and search for those who enjoy gardening and canning and home crafts may net a few like minded to share your HOBBY with?

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7246 on: January 28, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »
Welcome rrunner75

Don't despair.  There any many folks living in less than ideal situations here.

If nothing else I hope you'll find encouragement here.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #7247 on: January 29, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
Welcome to all of the new folks!

Offline Gamer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7248 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »
I posted this in the Regional Forums for the UK.  No one responded....
Hey Ya'll!!!  I am a Hillbilly that moved over to the UK...On the precipice of being self sufficient via my income and lifestyle.  I am wondering were most of "my tribe" is.  My kind of people.  Hardy, self reliant people..

Hi mate, I'm English and rarely go in any UK regional forums because there's a much wider discussion base in the general forum which isn't restricted to one nationality.
There are a few Brit survival/prepping websites around the net but it's not a big activity over here, try them if you like but you could wait days or weeks for a reply. Plus of course there are no guns in England, so you wouldn't find a "Firearms" section in any Brit forum.
Check out youtube survival-type vids, I know there are some Brits who post stuff there, so you could get conversations going in their 'comments' section and maybe build up a circle of pals to meet up with now and again for trips to the Brit moors and mountains.
If you're into computer wargaming like me, you could try surviving on the cyber battlefield, it's a jungle out there!
Incidentally, although the English might seem a boring race, don't let that fool you, they're natural-born killers and have conquered just about every country on earth over the past thousand years, except America..;)

From Shakespeares Henry V
Rambures (before battle of Agincourt)- "That island of England breeds very valiant creatures, their mastiffs are of unmatchable courage"
Constable of France - "..and the men do sympathize with the mastiffs in robustious and rough coming on,  give them great meals of beef and iron and steel, they will eat like wolves and fight like devils"

English bull mastiff-

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:32:05 AM by Gamer »

Offline nxtdoc

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #7249 on: February 06, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »
I may have introduced myself before, but I doubt it.  I have mostly been a lurker.  I have listened to TSP on and off as time has allowed since the days it was recorded in the jetta.  I have benefited greatly from the podcast and the wealth on knowledge here on the forum. 
My wife and I recently moved back to home in South Alabama with our 2 ½ year old boy and our youngest in utero.  We are new homeowners and I have a background in medicine. 
I am interested in most of the forums, but currently you can find me in the gardening/show me your garden forums. 

That’s about it, Thanks.

Andrew

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7250 on: February 07, 2015, 01:24:01 AM »
I may have introduced myself before, but I doubt it.  I have mostly been a lurker.  I have listened to TSP on and off as time has allowed since the days it was recorded in the jetta.  I have benefited greatly from the podcast and the wealth on knowledge here on the forum. 
My wife and I recently moved back to home in South Alabama with our 2 ½ year old boy and our youngest in utero.  We are new homeowners and I have a background in medicine. 
I am interested in most of the forums, but currently you can find me in the gardening/show me your garden forums. 

That’s about it, Thanks.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew, dirt has a way of calming the soul of man.

Offline QSurvivor

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7251 on: February 08, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »
I want to begin by saying hello.

I am a 30 year old gay man who discovered Survival podcast and have come to enjoy it quite a bit. I decided to join the forum in order to thank Jack for a comment I heard recently while catching up on SP (I listen to a lot of audio). So let me say thank you Jack for being a straight man who is not afraid to stand up to bigots on both sides of the "debate". The state has no business in marriage, and neither does anyone else. Who someone is in a relationship with and what it looks like is not the state's business and its not their neighbors business.

What I find so great about Jack is his straight forward no nonsense Mind Your Own Business philosophy.

It is really hard for someone like me to find a community which makes him feel accepted. I enjoy EOTW and Survivalist novels. I enjoy learning things which make me self sufficient. The problem with most of the EOTW/Survivalist propaganda out there is the "Your a queer hippy and everything that is wrong with the world is your fault." attitude. Jack on the other hand seems to me to be of the mindset of "Your queer. Good for you lets talk about the thing we both find interesting. Survival and self sufficiency."

This kind of attitude is the only thing that gives me hope for the future. I am firmly of the opinion that in the end Darwinism will be proved right. In the end there will be survival of the fittest. As sentient (i don't say rational) human beings it is up to us to decided what that means. Does it mean as Darwin thought survival of the most brutal, or does it mean survival of those who believe in peace and voluntary associations?

Preach on brother Jack preach on.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7252 on: February 08, 2015, 07:29:09 AM »
I want to begin by saying hello.

I am a 30 year old gay man who discovered Survival podcast and have come to enjoy it quite a bit. I decided to join the forum in order to thank Jack for a comment I heard recently while catching up on SP (I listen to a lot of audio). So let me say thank you Jack for being a straight man who is not afraid to stand up to bigots on both sides of the "debate". The state has no business in marriage, and neither does anyone else. Who someone is in a relationship with and what it looks like is not the state's business and its not their neighbors business.

What I find so great about Jack is his straight forward no nonsense Mind Your Own Business philosophy.

It is really hard for someone like me to find a community which makes him feel accepted. I enjoy EOTW and Survivalist novels. I enjoy learning things which make me self sufficient. The problem with most of the EOTW/Survivalist propaganda out there is the "Your a queer hippy and everything that is wrong with the world is your fault." attitude. Jack on the other hand seems to me to be of the mindset of "Your queer. Good for you lets talk about the thing we both find interesting. Survival and self sufficiency."

This kind of attitude is the only thing that gives me hope for the future. I am firmly of the opinion that in the end Darwinism will be proved right. In the end there will be survival of the fittest. As sentient (i don't say rational) human beings it is up to us to decided what that means. Does it mean as Darwin thought survival of the most brutal, or does it mean survival of those who believe in peace and voluntary associations?

Preach on brother Jack preach on.

Welcome , their is much collected knowledge here to learn and share.

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #7253 on: February 08, 2015, 03:11:28 PM »

It is really hard for someone like me to find a community which makes him feel accepted. I enjoy EOTW and Survivalist novels. I enjoy learning things which make me self sufficient.

Welcome Q.  Always nice to bring new kindred spirits into the fold!

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #7254 on: February 08, 2015, 04:07:50 PM »
Welcome to the TSP community Q

Cedar

Offline Safari

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7255 on: February 09, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »
Hi guys,
I want to be a survivor. I am 31 and I have myself, four kids and a wife in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. There is no way we could afford to stay in this area and I just keep praying our rent doesn't go up. I repair packaging equipment in warehouses for a living. I am learning 3D modeling on the side in hopes of freelancing. I have been interested in raising real life skills. I want to start thinking about the future and living a sustainable lifestyle. I am willing to move almost anywhere to do this and my wife is not, this is the one area where we don't agree.
I have been looking for various properties and I will start a thread regarding that. Thanks for looking.

Offline BlueMAX

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7256 on: February 10, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
Hi all,
I am a family practice doc from West Bend Wisconsin. I learned of Tsp from someone giving me info on a generator for my house last year. I have been really inspired by Jack over the last year. Life changing really. Thank you. I have a 14 acre hobby farm. I started raising royal palms, blue slate, and a couple midget white turkeys in the last year. My husband and I are working on planting edible woody crops this year. I have started cutting coupons to work on preps.
I am more focused at this time on creating a permaculture farm.
As for shooting... I am lethal if a paper target zombie approaches. We'll leave it at that.
Thank you Jack. I continue to learn so much from you every day.
Stay well.
Julie

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #7257 on: February 10, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
Hi all,
I am a family practice doc from West Bend Wisconsin. I learned of Tsp from someone giving me info on a generator for my house last year. I have been really inspired by Jack over the last year. Life changing really. Thank you. I have a 14 acre hobby farm. I started raising royal palms, blue slate, and a couple midget white turkeys in the last year.

Welcome to TSP BlueMax! Another turkey fanatic? Slates are my favorite, Royal Palms I keep for sentimental reasons and we also have Bourbon Reds here. I might have to talk to you about Slate eggs.

Cedar

Offline chumly2071

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7258 on: February 16, 2015, 08:28:32 PM »
New member here in Central IL. Found the site and the pod casts after reading the first book in the 299 days series.
I'm on lots of sites, welding, automotive, and prep oriented.  Usually mostly lurk unless there is something I can contribute.

I grew up in a cabinet shop, am a mechanical engineer, and like to build things out of metal at home for fun (usually auto related).
Do it yourself has always been my mindset, but the whole prep thing can be all encompassing, and easy to get overwhelmed.  I have a lot to learn, and hope to be able to pass along a little of my knowledge as well.

Anyways, hello, and nice to meet you all.

Chumly2071

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7259 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:45 AM »
New member here in Central IL. Found the site and the pod casts after reading the first book in the 299 days series.
I'm on lots of sites, welding, automotive, and prep oriented.  Usually mostly lurk unless there is something I can contribute.

I grew up in a cabinet shop, am a mechanical engineer, and like to build things out of metal at home for fun (usually auto related).
Do it yourself has always been my mindset, but the whole prep thing can be all encompassing, and easy to get overwhelmed.  I have a lot to learn, and hope to be able to pass along a little of my knowledge as well.

Anyways, hello, and nice to meet you all.

Chumly2071

Welcome and you got KARMA point for making you presence known,many think they have nothing to share,but in standing here with the community....you add strength to many.Don't be afraid to offer suggestions as your skill set is of great value.