Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1961243 times)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2009, 09:17:19 AM »
Welcome thorquest (& everyone else).

Glad you've found us & I look forward to hearing from you. ;)

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »
Welcome all!  I hope you find this site as helpful as I have!

Berserker Prime

Offline RomeoBravo

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the show, Jack.  This is what i've been looking for.  Keep up the great work and thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I know there are a lot of us out there who need this type of information and support.

Offline punkin

• Prepper
« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »
Hi guys and gals.  My name is Mike and Im from Milton WV.  Im 29 and Im a mechanic for a Natural Gas company.  My cousin turned me on to the podcast about 3 weeks ago.  After hearing the first 2, I was hooked.  I do a alot of hunting and fishing here in the mountain state as well as alot of camping with my wife and daughter.  This site has alot of useful information about stuff that really appeals to me.  I can see this place is going to be a place to spend alot of time and learn alot of useful stuff

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #484 on: June 22, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
Welcome to our two newest members!!!!

This place can be addicting, but it's well worth your time.  Glad you found us, and welcome home.  :)

Offline Paine

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2009, 02:16:10 AM »
Hello to all. Very excited to have found you all (thank you Jack) and can hardly wait to learn how to transform myself and my family from grasshoppers to ants. I am a 30+ year transplant from So. Calif. to the beautiful State of Washington. I am a husband, father of 4, and grandfather of 1. I work for a local Aerospace & Defense contractor. As a child I went from cub scout through boy scouts and into explorer scouts. We had gardens and fruit trees growing-up, but thought of it as a "chore". I ignored all the survival/self-sufficient knowledge I learned as a youngster from my 20's through my mid-30's. Sometime around the turn of the century, the lightbulb came back on and I've been slowly but steadily increasing our stores ever since. While I do have long-term storage, I was not going about this in the proper "needs based" fashion. I cannot express how lucky I feel to have found The Survival Podcast, SMB, and this forum. My tires have stopped "spinning" in the mud and I have managed to drop it in 4 low. I've got about 60 podcasts under my belt, all the videos at SMB (which have led me to numerous others) and my 6 raised-beds are doing pretty good for my first shot. Not to mention I now know why the 200 apples on one of my trees never got any bigger than 50 cent pieces. More is not always better. ( I now have about 80 apples on that tree) I now have a direction in which to head with a favorable outcome. I am looking forward to meeting you all and learning from you too. Of course if I have anything to offer I will be more than happy to do so. See you on the forum.      ~Paine~

Goatdog62

« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2009, 03:49:07 AM »
Hi Paine!

Enjoy the Forums.

Offline summer98

• Survivalist Mentor
  • This is a Floyd dog.
« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2009, 06:03:47 AM »
Hi all! My name is Rebecca. I'm a writer and a soapmaker from Alabama. I live with my fiance and assorted four-legged children. I found the Suvival Podcast a couple of months ago and I enjoy it tremondously. Thanks, Jack, for everything you do.

Neither of us has ever been real hard-core survivalists but we're getting more into it. I have always stored some food, but I'm trying to expand our stores to 6 months to a year. The stored food saved me last year when I got laid off. I didn't have to go to the store at all for 6 weeks -and that was to get to dog food. I still haven't found another decent job, and am currently working part time and trying to expand the soap business and my writing career. My first novel just came out.

Thanks again, and I look forward to talking with everyone on the boards.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »
Welcome aboard summer98
I hope your novel and your soap business take off and do better that you could dream.
There's some great people on this board so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Sandman

« Reply #489 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:35 AM »
Welcome, summer98. I'm glad you could join us.
Good luck with your job hunt & your other endeavors.
There's lots of good info on this site for anyone who wants to explore.

Cheers!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #490 on: June 25, 2009, 02:26:16 PM »
Hi all! My name is Rebecca. I'm a writer and a soapmaker from Alabama. I live with my fiance and assorted four-legged children. I found the Suvival Podcast a couple of months ago and I enjoy it tremondously. Thanks, Jack, for everything you do.

Neither of us has ever been real hard-core survivalists but we're getting more into it. I have always stored some food, but I'm trying to expand our stores to 6 months to a year. The stored food saved me last year when I got laid off. I didn't have to go to the store at all for 6 weeks -and that was to get to dog food. I still haven't found another decent job, and am currently working part time and trying to expand the soap business and my writing career. My first novel just came out.

Thanks again, and I look forward to talking with everyone on the boards.

Welcome Rebecca!  What's the name of your novel, and where can we find it?

Offline summer98

• Survivalist Mentor
  • This is a Floyd dog.
« Reply #491 on: June 25, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
Thanks for the words of welcome, all!
Sisterwolf, the novel is named Walk-About and you can find it on Amazon, at Books-a-million, B&N, etc. It's a post-apocalyptic tale with a woman as the main character.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #492 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »
Thanks for the words of welcome, all!
Sisterwolf, the novel is named Walk-About and you can find it on Amazon, at Books-a-million, B&N, etc. It's a post-apocalyptic tale with a woman as the main character.

Nice.  I'll put it on order at my barnes & noble so that it will be waiting for me behind the counter when I go there next.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:35:23 PM by Sister Wolf »

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #493 on: June 26, 2009, 02:30:26 AM »
Welcome Summer98!  I see that your book recieved very good reviews and can't wait to get ahold of it.  As you are a part of this forum now, it's time to brief you about the rule about autographing a copy for all folks named Berserker Prime (it's in the fine print, I wouldn't stear you wrong!)  ;)

Welcome to you and hope you stick around for a while!

Berserker Prime

Roundup

« Reply #494 on: June 26, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »
Hello all,

I joined TSP forum a few days ago.  I introduced myself to Region 8.  I just found this Intro Thread today so I decided to post here as well.  Everyone I've met has been really cool. 

I have been listening to TSP for about 2 months now.  It has opened my eyes.  I have now begun my transition to change our lifestyle.  I was born and raised in Los Angeles and married to a wonderful woman who has been extremely supportive of what I want to do and TSP.  For a living, I make maps.  I used to work for a land survey and engineering company but one day decided to go off on my own.  I started my own business and have been providing Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Land Surveying, and Cartography services throughout California for 4.5 years now.   I like what I do and business has been pretty good.  I'm sort of a computer geek and have built all my computers and network in my office.  As for prepping, I have done nothing.  My wife and I are slowly but surely beginning to remedy that.  My wife loves gardening as a hobby and I have been learning from her and are trying to expand we do.  We live in an urban apartment in L. A. but Jack's podcast and this forum has given us many ideas that we are going to implement.  I'm hear to meet good people and learn from them.   ;)

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #495 on: June 26, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
Welcome Roundup.  Lots of good people here and lots of good information to be had.

SDumkey

« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
I just joined a couple days ago and I am new to TSP.  I am currently serving overseas in Iraq and that is how I found out about the podcast as I was reading the Stars & Stripes newspaper a couple months ago that we get here and read the article about the podcast.  Apologies for being late as my work schedule was busy, but now has calmed down quite a bit and most of my off time I spend talking to my wife and kids on instant messenger.  Been listening for the last couple days and I am enjoying everything that I am hearing. 

Thankyou

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
Welcome to all the new folks!
Welcome SDumkey and thanks for your service.
There are several active duties on the forum and quite a number of veterans as well.

Goatdog62

« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
Appreciate your service SDumkey!

Sandman

« Reply #499 on: July 05, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
Welcome aboard, SDumkey! Lots of good resources and good people here.

Stay alert!, stay alive!

chase

« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
Hey all ~

Hope this is the right thread to introduce myself. Just joined the forum and wanted to say howdy.

I'm from Texas and now reside in Maryland. . . this looks like a really cool forum and it's nice to know I'm not the only one in survivalist mode. :)

I look forward to getting involved in the discussions and learning as much as I can. . . .

Ya'll have a good evening
Chase

Fred_47460

« Reply #501 on: July 07, 2009, 05:35:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chase. This is an awesome forum.....I hope you enjoy. However...this forum is loaded with Texans.....you may get some razzin' for moving to Maryland!!  ;D ;D

chase

« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
LOL!

No worries - it couldn't be any more razzin' than I get from my parents (who are still in Texas). :D

I am a Texan at heart and will always be ~ really want to move back and set up a ranch down there at some point. Maybe one day. . . .

Thanks for the welcome! 

Offline BerserkerPrime

• Ice Humping Polar Bear
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • God, Guns and Oil!
« Reply #503 on: July 08, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
I just joined a couple days ago and I am new to TSP.  I am currently serving overseas in Iraq and that is how I found out about the podcast as I was reading the Stars & Stripes newspaper a couple months ago that we get here and read the article about the podcast.  Apologies for being late as my work schedule was busy, but now has calmed down quite a bit and most of my off time I spend talking to my wife and kids on instant messenger.  Been listening for the last couple days and I am enjoying everything that I am hearing. 

Thankyou

Good old Stars and Stripes!  Great paper and glad to hear they talked about Jack's podcast! 

BP

Offline Korb

• Prepper
« Reply #504 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
Hey all, I currently live in North Central Arkansas.  I did a small stint in the military and one tour in Iraq.  I'm going back to school in the fall to work towards a career I enjoy.  I'm currently looking to buy ~20 acres or so to build a house on in the future.  I've just been listening to the show a couple months and I'm trying my best to listen to the new shows and work my way through the older ones.  I  really like everything I've heard so far and can't wait for more.   Looking forward to being active on the boards and learning as much as I can.  Thanks!!!

Sandman

« Reply #505 on: July 10, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
Hey all, I currently live in North Central Arkansas.  I did a small stint in the military and one tour in Iraq.  I'm going back to school in the fall to work towards a career I enjoy.  I'm currently looking to buy ~20 acres or so to build a house on in the future.  I've just been listening to the show a couple months and I'm trying my best to listen to the new shows and work my way through the older ones.  I  really like everything I've heard so far and can't wait for more.   Looking forward to being active on the boards and learning as much as I can.  Thanks!!!
Welcome aboard, Korb!

Glad to have you!

Good luck with your land shopping!

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #506 on: July 10, 2009, 10:58:52 AM »
Welcome aboard Korb .
My bug-out location is right in your area, which is way too far from my area. :D
Anyway, thanks for your service and welcome home.

Goatdog62

« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Korb .
My bug-out location is right in your area, which is way too far from my area. :D
Anyway, thanks for your service and welcome home.

Hi Korb. Thanks for your service.

Arkansas is okay in my book (not quite like TN though :D). I did some work for DOE at Ft Chaffee (near Fort Smith).

Offline Korb

• Prepper
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
Hi Korb. Thanks for your service.

Arkansas is okay in my book (not quite like TN though :D). I did some work for DOE at Ft Chaffee (near Fort Smith).

I've been to Chaffee many times, hopefully never have to go back.  Not very much to do there. 

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Hare of Caerbannog, Thats cool I love the area I live in, right in the middle of two lakes.

Offline homesteader

• Prepper
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2009, 01:28:56 AM »
Hello folks!
I just found this, so sorry to not introduce myself before now!  I'm a  34 yr old married stay-at-home homeschooling mom of 2 girls in the Northwest.  We have a .3 acre in a rural (in the loosest sense of the word) area.  I was discouraged about how little land we had to work with until Jack posted the link of the family in  Ca that was growing a massive garden on 1/10 of an acre.  I am most content now (although hoping for more land someday).  I keep busy with kids, garden, chickens, and food storage preps.  Four years ago I had this unshakable urge to prepare even though I didn't know what I was preparing for.  Now we know.  :)

Anyway, Good to meet all you folks!