Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1780329 times)

MilkMoney

Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #7980 on: November 29, 2017, 04:41:08 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new here on the forum, but I'm a long time TSP listener/fan, & current MSB member. 

I work & live on a cattle ranch in Montana.  I also have my own little bunch of cows (beef & dairy), goats (packers & dairy), chickens, guineas, & horses.  I'm working towards a land purchase, eventually.     

I'm a milkmaid, food preservation aficionado, licensed firearms instructor & shooting sports participant, & outdoor/camping/hiking enthusiast.  I also dabble in metalwork (welding), ham radio, cheesemaking, leather work & hide tanning, building ugly-but-sturdy structures for my animals to live in, & learning how to self-doctor because of injuries occasionally sustained while partaking in my various other hobbies. 

Also, I like coffee.  A lot. 

Nice to "meet" you.

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #7981 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
  Welcome MilkMoney it6 sounds like you could have much to share with us in the forum.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7982 on: November 29, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »
Welcome to the 3 newest members here. Awesome that you all decided to join here.

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Almost Hoarder
« Reply #7983 on: November 30, 2017, 03:04:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum you all. Looking forward to your sharing of your experiences.

Offline Soladaddy

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7984 on: December 29, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »
New here. I found this forum searching for radio stuff. Y'all have a lot of interesting topics with a good deal of info. My hobbies outweigh my spare time but am into: firearms, vehicles, radios, generators, camping, fishing, martial arts and independent living in general. I'm former military who got sucked into IT back in the 90s. Our family of 5 live in suburban Tampa area and dream of the homestead with a few acres.

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7985 on: December 29, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »
New here. I found this forum searching for radio stuff. Y'all have a lot of interesting topics with a good deal of info. My hobbies outweigh my spare time but am into: firearms, vehicles, radios, generators, camping, fishing, martial arts and independent living in general. I'm former military who got sucked into IT back in the 90s. Our family of 5 live in suburban Tampa area and dream of the homestead with a few acres.

Welcome SOLADADDY you can sit down front ,by the wood stove...make yourself at home and feel free to post some of your experience and questions as this is more than just a reading room.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7986 on: December 29, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
Welcome  Soladaddy

Offline AZ Gal

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7987 on: December 31, 2017, 08:20:19 AM »
Hi gang, I walked to freedom from Southern CA to Northern AZ one year ago this month. I've been listening to Jack since the fall of 2008. It changed my life. Hubby is on board with prepping and has major TEOTWAWKI skills!

We are on 6.5 acres, and in this year we put in three 4x8 raised garden beds, a barn, and we're just finishing the chicken coop attached to the greenhouse. It's been great to go back and listen to past shows that are helping me set up our homestead, eg. 1499, 1388, 1835, 1113, 1977. A fodder system and meat rabbits are in the future.

We were very blessed to be able to both retire and become full time homesteaders! I wish all my TSP family a prosperous and happy New Year!

Offline redrider

• Prepper
  • Purveyor of Post Drills
« Reply #7988 on: December 31, 2017, 08:26:57 AM »
Welcome AZ Gal!

I'm also relatively new here, and am actively catching up on Jack's podcasts. Thanks for you list of shows that helped you with you homestead, I'll check them out.

Hope you have a happy and prosperous New Year.

rr

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7989 on: December 31, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Hi gang, I walked to freedom from Southern CA to Northern AZ one year ago this month. I've been listening to Jack since the fall of 2008. It changed my life. Hubby is on board with prepping and has major TEOTWAWKI skills!

We are on 6.5 acres, and in this year we put in three 4x8 raised garden beds, a barn, and we're just finishing the chicken coop attached to the greenhouse. It's been great to go back and listen to past shows that are helping me set up our homestead, eg. 1499, 1388, 1835, 1113, 1977. A fodder system and meat rabbits are in the future.

We were very blessed to be able to both retire and become full time homesteaders! I wish all my TSP family a prosperous and happy New Year!

Welcome and please remember that this is not just a reading room , so feel free to post of your success's and maybe even failures to help others in the forum.

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #7990 on: December 31, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Mintbird

• Survivor
  • Prepping since 2012
« Reply #7991 on: December 31, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Welcome AZ Gal. You should check out Jack's YouTube videos. I just finished watching his indoor aquaculture series. They're awesome.

Offline ecorsecreektrucker

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7992 on: January 01, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
hello

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #7993 on: January 01, 2018, 07:54:37 PM »
Hi trucker

Offline Odin's Son

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7994 on: January 02, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »

Howdy AZ!  Hope you like the boards.  There is so much to learn and do on here it's easy to lose track of yourself.  We look forward to anything you ca contribute.   

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7995 on: January 02, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »
Hi to the newbies.

And............hi to the oldies.  ;D

Offline lamcouch

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7996 on: January 03, 2018, 03:55:53 PM »
howdy folks from the deep south

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7997 on: January 03, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
howdy folks from the deep south

WELCOME lamcouch

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7998 on: January 03, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
WELCOME lamcouch

+1 Tell us about yourself. Are you on the couch with a lamb watching TV, or what?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Soladaddy

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7999 on: January 05, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
Hi gang, I walked to freedom from Southern CA to Northern AZ one year ago this month.

I love Northern Az. There is something about the vastness that calls me. Was out there this summer in Flagstaff and the GC south rim, but only 3 times in my life and that's a challenge living in Florida.

Offline dirtroad doc

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8000 on: January 08, 2018, 10:08:32 AM »
Hi all,

Long time listener/lurker here, finally joined forum and MSP after a couple of years of soaking up the knowledge.

Wife and I in are in the southeast and have been working on our homestead about 3 yrs. Chickens, bees, vegetable gardens, starting fruit trees and bushes, hunt for much of our meat and looking to add rabbits maybe this spring.

While I usually am a solitary person I feel the need for some sense of community, hence my arrival here. Appreciate all the experience, wisdom and good advice. Hope I can add something of value also as time goes on.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8001 on: January 08, 2018, 10:31:24 AM »
Welcome dirtroad.

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8002 on: January 08, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
Welcome Dirtroad doc

Offline lysander6

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #8003 on: January 11, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
Hi, my name is Bill Buppert.

I just wanted to welcome Jack to the Ancap Voluntaryist fold and wish him the best.

Cordially,

Bill

Offline wiseguy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8004 on: January 12, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum.  I found the podcast a couple of days ago after reading about it in the 299 days book.  I have really enjoyed the episodes I have listened too thus far.  I have a lot to catch up on.

I live in Georgia with my wife.  All the kids are out of the home now and spread over the State.  I have been stockpiling food and supplies for a while, but haven't been very organized.  That needs to improve since I went to my supplies and have to throw out a couple of items.  I didn't plan the rotation very well. :-( 

I will be looking through the forum.  I have a few questions about things, but rather than ask them here, I will see if I can find it first. 

Thanks 

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8005 on: January 12, 2018, 01:09:11 PM »
Welcome wiseguy
Sounds like you are off to a good start as many learn through mistakes and their is much here to learn from as your trials and success can add to the threads to also help others .This area is kept in line by a great bunch of moderators and makes for a pretty good place to visit.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #8006 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »
Welcome wiseguy.

Most likely there are threads about whatever questions you have.  If not, there's plenty of expertise around here.  Lots of great people.  Join in the discussion.  I'm sure that you have your own knowledge that you can help the rest of us with.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8007 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »
Welcome wiseguy

Offline KungFuMoses

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8008 on: January 13, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »
Hi there everyone, I'm Mose, or Moses.  I'm 27, from Ohio and I've been actively prepping since 2012 and listening to the podcast since mid 2014. Basically my survival library of published books have all started to say the same thing, (How many times do you need to be told what goes into a bug out bag?) and I'm trying to expand my skills to be as self reliant as possible. I'm finally in a place where I can actually spend the time I need to expand my garden and perennials and take it a notch up from being a fun hobby. I hope to learn a lot from the forums and I'm sure I will.

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8009 on: January 14, 2018, 04:46:40 AM »
Welcome KungFuMoses

Make yourself at home and share when you feel like sharing as we are all in various stages of completeness along this path.

I have a few files collected over time that you are welcome to pick through and maybe find something useful on my Google drive.

Feel free to read,or download any that you find of interest.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ZIZLZV4AwIMFlYMTI5OTNlUTA