Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1744632 times)

Offline woody_ks

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Seeking Kansas City area TSP community members, time-sensitive
« Reply #8070 on: May 26, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »
Hello folks,

I am a long-time listener in Lawrence KS. I wasn't around for the Jetta days, but was definitely here for the "another day another dollar" days. Have been busily working on my resilient life and homestead since 2011.

I throw an annual community event which is coming up this coming Saturday, June 2. The event features stringband music, barn dancing, an epic potluck dinner, and sustainability-related workshops and a keynote speaker. This year's speaker is Marcin Jakubowski, amazing open-source design proponent, whom Jack has interviewed twice. Marcin is also hosting a 3D printing workshop in the morning, and registration is open for anyone who would like to build their own open-source machine under his supervision.

Is this the best way to get in touch with TSPers in my area? If not, I would appreciate other suggestions. I would love to meet anyone in the KC/eastern KS area. Thanks!

Offline oktheniknow

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #8071 on: May 28, 2018, 08:47:16 AM »
Howdy,
Have been a long time listener. Have not posted in awhile. My life was turned upside down after divorce from wife of 20 years (the election was the powerkeg but that's for another day), had to sell homestead so renting now. Would like to eventually get another place but housing/land is sky high here in central Texas.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #8072 on: May 28, 2018, 08:54:06 AM »
Howdy,
Have been a long time listener. Have not posted in awhile. My life was turned upside down after divorce from wife of 20 years (the election was the powerkeg but that's for another day), had to sell homestead so renting now. Would like to eventually get another place but housing/land is sky high here in central Texas.

Welcome back and don't let the past anchor your future....things will work out for you in ways that you can't imagine. Stay the course and hold to your principles as you improve your skills as the real key to survival is not material,it is from within.

Offline SoniaRGreen

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Bulk Ammunition
« Reply #8073 on: June 04, 2018, 11:31:53 PM »
Hi, I am new member here. Hope to find good information here.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8074 on: June 05, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »
 ;)
Hi, I am new member here. Hope to find good information here.

Welcome. Fall right in. Lots of good info here.

Offline DJingInNC

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8075 on: June 15, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »
Hello!!

Long time listener to the show, new to the MSB, and the forum! Hope to learn a lot from you guys, and maybe even contribute where I can.

I'm a Mobile DJ in North Carolina (as the name suggests). Married to a wonderful woman who supports my preparedness, even though she isn't always interested... but i'm wearing her down :) 

Thanks for the add!!

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8076 on: June 15, 2018, 06:16:07 PM »
Welcome DJingInNC

Offline minijas

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8077 on: June 20, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
Hi all. Checking in from the LA area. Lots of reasons to be prepared these days!

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8078 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:41 AM »
Welcome minijas!!

Offline QuikSand12

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8079 on: July 18, 2018, 04:16:51 PM »
hi, I'm Patricia I'm new at being a prepper I want to learn stuff, specially hording food. I've been backreading this forum for 2 weeks now learning from it and decided to join and be part of it. Thanks!

Offline Redman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Almost Hoarder
« Reply #8080 on: July 18, 2018, 05:23:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Patricia. There is a lot of good info here. Dream up a question and go cruising or just ask.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8081 on: July 19, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »
Welcome Patrica.
Buy what you eat, store what you eat.
Rotate what you eat