Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 1828239 times)

Offline Hogeye

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I've learned that I'm not a smart as I once was.
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #8130 on: November 13, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »
This is Farmer Hogeye from east Texas with the Red Wattle Pigs.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 2018 Workshop at 9 Mile farm. Had a great time and got to match names to faces. Shared a lot of stories and got a lot of good ideas. The name & info list I was preparing has been completed. Check your email for the list of contacts and a link to the photos.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8131 on: November 13, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Hi Hogeye

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8132 on: November 13, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »
glad you're here Hogeye... jump in and participate in any thread. And, feel free to resurrect old threads you find interesting...

Offline KeithH

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Australian Survival & Preppers.
« Reply #8133 on: November 19, 2018, 09:57:13 PM »
Good day to all, with a little help from admin I was actually able to get through the security hoops to join this forum!!! Thank you to admin for giving me a leg up :)
My name is Keith, I live off grid in a forest in New England Australia. I lived without electricity for over 20 years, but now we have solar power. I am an 18th century living historian & experimental archaeologist, a primitive skills instructor retired; I only teach through videos & articles now. I am a writer & book author. I enjoy living on the land. I do have modern guns, but my preference for survival is muzzle-loaders & other primitive tools. I do NOT consider myself an expert at anything, there is always more to learn.
Regards, Keith.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #8134 on: November 20, 2018, 05:45:40 AM »
Hello Keith, and welcome aboard.  It sounds like you have a good set of practical skills, and will fit right in here.  Tell us about your solar power system when you get a chance.  Anyone who's doing this off-grid is interesting to listen to.  Also, has the ABC's discontinuation of shortwave service this past year affected things in your area?

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8135 on: November 20, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
Welcome Keith. It will be interesting to hear your experiences. Food preparing, preserving, acquiring, etc. And of course, anything else off grid related.  ;D

Offline CBMS

• Survivor
10 years ago today I joined, I left probably 6 or 7 years ago and now I am back.
« Reply #8136 on: November 26, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »
I randomly decided to log back in, to see what has been happening (I just listened to Jack on the man over the wall) and wouldn't you know, its been 10 years to the day since I first joined.
I haven't listened to a podcast for about 6 years, but with my growing maturity, I have started seeing signs that maybe it wouldn't hurt to see what some of the experts I used to listen to are saying, specifically a duck farmer that has had some good ideas in the past.

So here I am, back again and starting from day one of the podcasts. Any recommended ones or should I really just burn through them all. I've got the time....mostly.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #8137 on: November 26, 2018, 10:15:29 PM »
Welcome back, CMBS.  So much has changed, so much is the same.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8138 on: November 27, 2018, 08:11:15 PM »
Glad you're here, CMBS. I'd just recommend that you read the program notes and see if the topics are of interest to you... I'm not so interested in the call-in shows or the expert council shows... but those shows are very popular with a lot of folks, so... ymmv.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8139 on: November 30, 2018, 10:09:38 PM »
Welcome. Tell us about your preps.
Do you can...garden....ammo....