Author Topic: Intro Thread  (Read 2172792 times)

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Intro Thread
« Reply #8280 on: June 03, 2020, 11:06:20 AM »
Yes... glad you're here, nkawtg!

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8281 on: June 03, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »

Welcome back.  ;D

Offline nkawtg

• Prepper
  • Returning TSP Forum member
« Reply #8282 on: June 03, 2020, 03:38:14 PM »
Thanks.

I just couldn't stay away.
Things got interesting.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8283 on: June 03, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »
Welcome back...

More of a Benny and his Jets sort of guy - at least I did see him in the hall once

Offline nkawtg

• Prepper
« Reply #8284 on: June 03, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »
Welcome back...

More of a Benny and his Jets sort of guy - at least I did see him in the hall once

She's got electric boots a mohair suit...

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #8285 on: June 04, 2020, 05:37:15 AM »
Hello all, been absent for a while, thought I'd poke my head in and see what's up.

I wondered what happened to you. Good to see you.

Offline nkawtg

• Prepper
« Reply #8286 on: June 04, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
I wondered what happened to you. Good to see you.

Thanks, glad you and stwood are doing fine.

Offline Heathen

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8287 on: June 18, 2020, 07:00:06 AM »
New guy here! Live in north central Illinois. Married with two young girls. We live on around a 1/2 acre with an old farm house. Backyard backs up to 410acres of monocrops. We still live in village limits but we are doing our best to make something of it before we move to some real land. Currently we have a 30x20 garden, small flock of egg layers, and just getting started with meat rabbits. Got turned onto TSP by John over at SOE. Heard him talking about it in several of his live videos. Now I binge listen while at work as a Truck Upfitter (we install any and all truck accessories like plows, truck bodies, electrical equipment, etc.)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8288 on: June 18, 2020, 08:20:05 AM »

Welcome Heathen

Offline Gator6

• Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #8289 on: June 19, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
Hello. I've been listening to Jack for over ten years now but have not engaged much with the community because my job requires me to travel and most of the year I live outside of the US. Due to COVID however, I find myself spending an extended period of time on a remote property near Harrison, AR. I'd be interested in connecting with anyone in the Harrison/Branson area. I'm also hoping to find someone who might be interested in an arrangement to use the land for gardening and/or hunting in exchange for some help with caring for fruit trees and perennials when I'm not in town. Looking forward to engaging more and getting to know folks!

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #8290 on: June 19, 2020, 02:04:31 PM »
Welcome Gator. I'm not close, but traveled through Harrison a lot when I was trucking. Traveling 7 hwy south of there was a challenge.
Nice scenery and lots of hills in your area.
Excellent backwoods hideaway area there.

Offline Spy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Building A Survival Network
« Reply #8291 on: June 20, 2020, 02:04:10 AM »
Hello, all. My name is Andy Ye. I am looking to find like-minded people to build my survival network. It would be helpful to for someone that is in the San Francisco Bay Area that can point me to a survival public event so I can share and connect with a community that is within an hour to two hour drive.

I hope to become a more valuable contributor in the marketplace of survivalists so I can build a survival network for my nuclear family.

Please search for my profile and read if you and I can share. I will then choose if you and I are like-minded and can attend future survivalists events in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thank you for listening.

Offline Gator6

• Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #8292 on: June 21, 2020, 01:22:46 PM »
STWood - Thanks for the welcome. Gorgeous country indeed! I can't imagine driving a truck all over these steep curvy roads though.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #8293 on: June 25, 2020, 07:29:09 AM »
Welcome, spy. We do have regional threads... you might try posting on that thread to try to find folks in your region. I believe you would be in Region 8: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?board=165.0

Offline Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Peace, love, and pasta.
    • Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
« Reply #8294 on: July 04, 2020, 05:49:41 PM »
Hi, I'm Joe. I've been listening to TSP on and off for almost half a decade (because that sounds more impressive than 5 years :p). I'm mostly a computer guy (holding a CompTIA A+ and TestOut's PC Pro, Network Pro, Security Pro, and Client Pro certifications) but I have other skills as well. I'm a little bit of a writer, I am competent in mig welding, I hold my states basic electrical license, I'm a licensed unarmed guard, ran my own company as a sub-contractor doing facility maintenance, and most recently a contract driver for a local food delivery service that isn't Uber Eats, Grub Hub, or Door Dash. I also have a podcast of my own I just started.