Author Topic: Keeping track of where you are  (Read 1724 times)

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
Keeping track of where you are
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
Work has been nuts.  I've been trying to knit a sweater during my lunch hours.  I am trying to remember to put the knitting down after an increase row.  On a top down raglan, you generally increase every other row from neck to underarms.  But, sometimes I can't.  Any suggestions on remembering (or being able to tell from the stitches on the previous row) where I am when I pick it up again.  This time, it was a week between and after discovering some dropped stitches and other mistakes, I just frogged it all and I'm starting over.  TIA.

Offline Granny Miller

• Prepper
    • Granny Miller - Smallholder's Daily - Granny Miller's  Homestead, Garden & Pantry & American Home Canning
Re: Keeping track of where you are
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
I keep track of where I am by using different colored needle stops or protectors. Red for NO INCREASE & green or blue or INCREASE. Works well for me.
Also you can tell an increase stitch in front of the raglan markers by the little "purl" stitch if you manage your increases by knitting through the back of a stitch.

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
Thanks.  Since posting I've actually knitting the thing over and see the increases now.  But, the different point protectors is a great idea.  Thanks.

Offline Mullers Lane Farm

• Survivor
    • Lessons in Homesteading
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »
I like putting my pattern in a plastic sleeve that I can write on, then wipe off later to keep track of where I am