Author Topic: Going to get my flu shot  (Read 9136 times)

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Going to get my flu shot
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
I have only gotten one flu shot... when my firstborn was under a year old and I was working outside the home. My thought was to protect him from exposure to it from me. My husband has to take flu shots every year, and will be getting the H1N1 (military). Since we homeschool the boys, we almost never are sick with anything and never get flu shots. We'll probably do the same this year, despite the hype. We probably have a bit more protection since my husband is vaccinated and the boys are not exposed to the germ factories (that we call schools).

Offline mamabear

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
Well, my ex got my son a flu shot last week. And my son has been battling the flu all week now. He is starting to feel better now.

Offline Ann

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
Been getting the flu shot every year for the last 10+.  The only illnesses I deal with are really from seasonal allergies...sinus, drainage, at worst bronchitis if I don't treat the symptoms of the previous.  Nothing I've had in the last 10 has kept me down for more than a day.

I personally believe in the flu shot and its advantages.  It's never gotten me sick, just gives me a sore arm the next day.

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
I am personally opposed to flu vaccines.  It's a personal choice so I won't condemn anyone. However, I am not giving my kids any vaccines. I have read enough and listened to enough doctors concerned with the vaccines to make my own decision. I also don't like how Fox news, PBS cartoons, and the media are implementing scare tactics to rush and get a vaccine on a flu that really has only shown mild to moderate cases. I have read the strain has not mutated out of control as predicted months ago.

Furthermore, my sister got the regular flu shot, and a week later got a severe case of the flu. She laughed it off as coincidence, however, I don't believe it is. She then passed it on to my niece and nephew who also got the flu. Consequently, my sister gave her kids Tamiflu which caused the side effect on the kids to vomit violently; all for the benefit of shortening the flu for 1-1.5 days.  :-\

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
A friend of ours has just recovered from the swine flu. He is a reasonably healthy man in his mid 40s. He was down pretty hard for 4 days then recovered pretty fast. Its a tough way to go, but his new immunity will last much longer than the vaccine would have.

I have never had a flu shot and I have been fortunate enough to have never had the flu since I was a child. I have been exposed at work many times, but managed to dodge the bullet. I believe the immunity I developed as a child has helped. No scientific evidence to back this up in my own case, but something has worked.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
Might be NSFW. George Carlin on germs... PG-13 stuff.

George Carlin - fear of germs

Offline johnnyb_good30

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 01:29:01 AM »
No fing way yall can keep that crap.im not put ing any of that crap in me!!!or my kid !!!!im not in to some one sticking any thing in my fing arm

Offline dep190

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 07:15:28 AM »
My wife went to schedule my 1 year old daughters second paart to her seasonal flu shot not the h1n1 and was told they are out and they have no idea when they will get any putting her beyond the 30 day requirement.