Author Topic: Newbie hunter ?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline ozzy88m

• Survivor
  • I am what I am
Newbie hunter ?
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »
 I have asked my brother to teach me how to hunt deer but he always comes up with an excuse why he cant take me hunting with him, so I am going to try to teach myself. I was wondering if there was any websites or podcasts that explain how to hunt for a beginner, any help would be awesome.

sarahluker

Re: Newbie hunter ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »
Are you gardening?  If you are prepping with food tell your brother that if he takes you hunting you will share food with him later.  Also, tempt him with some biltong, beer bread and other goodies.  It sounds like your brothers give you grief from this and the Y2K thread.  Ah, siblings...

Offline ozzy88m

• Survivor
  • I am what I am
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »
I have been garding for a little bit, I have four bros the one from the y2k thread is my other brother. I didnt think about offering something in exchange for the hunting trip, good idea.

Offline Jim3

• Prepper
    • Where's Jimbo
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »
I've seen some pretty good books on deer hunting in the book store. I would take a look at those as a start, even if you do get somebody to take you out hunting it might be a good idea to read into it.  Hunting is a very basic concept. Hunt where there are deer. The hard part is finding them and getting there unnoticed.  I would find a good book and also look for a video or 2. Those dvds always seem fairytale to me but you can find some good info in them.  I think the most important info to learn is butchering the deer.  Make sure whether you get a book or somebody to teach you, you learn to clean the deer. 

Offline KYdoomer

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Zen Gardener