Author Topic: Stupid Me - Glock Opportunity Blown  (Read 3273 times)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
Stupid Me - Glock Opportunity Blown
« on: November 05, 2008, 02:31:38 PM »
I went to the Ft. Worth Gun Show Sunday.  There was a guy selling refurbed Glock 23s (in 40 S&W) that were returns from Police Departments.  They were fully rebuilt by Glock, fully warranty and the exact sidearms most of the local PD carry.  Two hi-cap mags, case and night sights.  Price 389!  Retail on a Glock 23 is about 579, sure they are "used" but for all intents they were brand new fully reconditioned and warrantied.

I was looking for a 10MM, 41 Mag or 44 Mag at a good deal for a true hunting pistol but did not find any I really wanted at the price they were selling for.  As I was about to leave I went back to the Glock guy, looked at one of them again and decided I didn't need one.  DOH!  What a dumbass I am!

Reality I should have bought two!   On two of them the magazines alone are worth over 100 bucks!  :-[  I just feel like stupid, stupid, stupid!  So my advice is be on the look out for these guns, I got the impression that this is a pretty big program and many Glock dealers may have access to it.

kaiservontexas

Re: Stupid Me - Glock Opportunity Blown
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »
I went to the Ft. Worth Gun Show Sunday.  There was a guy selling refurbed Glock 23s (in 40 S&W) that were returns from Police Departments.  They were fully rebuilt by Glock, fully warranty and the exact sidearms most of the local PD carry.  Two hi-cap mags, case and night sights.  Price 389!  Retail on a Glock 23 is about 579, sure they are "used" but for all intents they were brand new fully reconditioned and warrantied.

I was looking for a 10MM, 41 Mag or 44 Mag at a good deal for a true hunting pistol but did not find any I really wanted at the price they were selling for.  As I was about to leave I went back to the Glock guy, looked at one of them again and decided I didn't need one.  DOH!  What a dumbass I am!

Reality I should have bought two!   On two of them the magazines alone are worth over 100 bucks!  :-[  I just feel like stupid, stupid, stupid!  So my advice is be on the look out for these guns, I got the impression that this is a pretty big program and many Glock dealers may have access to it.

I feel your pain as I have done that also.

Offline earthling?

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
I'm not a Glock guy, but if I could ever find a Glock 20 for that cheap I would buy, buy, buy. You could have probably turned a nice profit on those 23's easily, if nothing else. My heart goes out. :'(

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
Earthling your avatar rocks..."Dawn" is my favorite movie, well next to Tremors. lol

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 03:10:17 AM »

You should be flogged.  Damn that was a good deal.

Offline earthling?

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »
Earthling your avatar rocks..."Dawn" is my favorite movie, well next to Tremors. lol
My favorite movie also. After the first few times I watched it I started keeping count. To date I have seen it 314 times. No kidding.

230therapy

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
Watch Bud's Gun Shop and Impact Guns websites.  A friend of mine picked up a Glock 19 with night sights for something like $389.