Author Topic: My hunter safety class starts tonight  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Sarey

• Survivor
My hunter safety class starts tonight
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:59:13 AM »

Well I signed up for the hunter safety course a few months ago and tonight is my first class. M-T-W & F 6-9pm this week.

Seems silly but I am nervous for some stupid reason. Hoping there will be other women present. I have always liked the “idea” of going hunting and I am excited about turkey season in May. We shall see how that goes to start with. I have had plenty of practice with squirrels and groundhogs around the property but nothing else.

I need more outdoor skills and this seems like a good place to start. Someone here mentioned the BOW program and last I checked there are no activities planned in Maine until fall.  ;D

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
Re: My hunter safety class starts tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:37:51 AM »

Well I signed up for the hunter safety course a few months ago and tonight is my first class. M-T-W & F 6-9pm this week.

Seems silly but I am nervous for some stupid reason. Hoping there will be other women present. I have always liked the “idea” of going hunting and I am excited about turkey season in May. We shall see how that goes to start with. I have had plenty of practice with squirrels and groundhogs around the property but nothing else.

I need more outdoor skills and this seems like a good place to start. Someone here mentioned the BOW program and last I checked there are no activities planned in Maine until fall.  ;D

Sarey - You get your first +1 from me - way to go!  Don't be nervous 'cause even if you are the only woman there (doubtful unless you're in a smaller town) the guys won't mind having a woman there. I have found they are very gracious to us ladies as most men love it when women learn to hunt or shoot.  And those that have spouses that don't, wish theirs did. I've been told at least a hundred times, "I wish my wife would go hunting with me".  Good for you - let us know how it went.  TBM

Offline Komodo

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
I just completed a hunter safety class a few weekends ago.  It was overwhelmingly young boys with their Dads, but no one seemed to mind having a handful of women in the room.  I learned a lot from the demonstrations, and I really enjoyed it.  Have a fun time at class!

Offline Sarey

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
So tonight is my last class and I honestly have really enjoyed this. The instructor is very entertaining and very good at teaching.

There are 43 people in my class and half are women.

I would recommend this class even to people who don't plan to hunt. Really it is a very well rounded basic outdoorsman/woman class.

:excited: