Author Topic: Looking for Silver  (Read 1374 times)

Offline ironridger

• Fledgling Prepper
Looking for Silver
« on: October 13, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »
I do not have any coin dealers close to me. Where are places I could look for silver other than internet?  Banks, pawn shops?
Also I have heard of buying "silver rounds" from jewelery stores how about this?
Thanks

Offline mash

• Dedicated Contributor
  • it's spork-tastic!
Re: Looking for Silver
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
Flea makets might have coin dealers, also maybe garage sales... might be more time consuming than it's worth though.

You probably would not have much luck at a bank - I am assuming you mean getting a bunch of coins and digging through them to see if there are any silver ones... There are still some out there in circulation but not too many these days.

I'm not sure about the US but you can get gold and silver coins at the post office here in Australia - but they are seriously overpriced.

Why not the internet? you would probably get your best deals online.

Offline Mortie

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »
You will often see silver for sale at gun shows here in Colorado.

Offline Remington

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
If you have a local newspaper you could check there for private dealers advertising their coins. Or perhaps you publish your own ad stating that you are buying (in some smaller newspapers you can publish an ad for free).

A more technical approach to the same idea is to use Craigslist for this. Just make sure to specify that you want to deal face-to-face.