Author Topic: .22 Pistols / Revolvers?  (Read 13951 times)

Offline Nate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Rookie Registered Nurse
Re: .22 Pistols / Revolvers?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »
I have had my ruger .22/45 for a few weeks now.  I did a separate post about it titled My New Ruger.  Anyway, I love it!  I have noticed it is a lot louder than any of my .22 rifles.  I need to wear hearing protection now.  I shot over 100 rounds last week when I visited my parents in Ohio.  I noticed some temporary loss of hearing.  Nothing major, just enough to annoy me and tell me WEAR EARPLUGS IDIOT!

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »

I have had my ruger .22/45 for a few weeks now.  I did a separate post about it titled My New Ruger. 

Your thread got me thinking about a Mark III.  Thank you.  After reading it, I did a little reading on them and remembered how good everyone says they are.

This thread is officially relinquished back to the topic of all .22 pistols and revolvers.  Sorry about the Mark III detour.

Offline CarlD

• Prepper
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »
I have a Tauras 9 shot revolver with a 4 inch barrel which I really like.  I can shoot shorts in it which you can't do with Semiautomatic pistols.  The noise when shooting shorts is fairly quiet so I can shoot it in semirural areas.

Offline Patriot:Ex Machina

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    • Patriot Gun & Gear
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »
What do you think of the heritage Rough Rider?  I have looked at them in the past, but ended up getting a really good deal on a Ruger Single-Six.  I have a relative who is looking at getting one now, I may still consider it for another one later.
I've really enjoyed mine. It came with an optional .22 Magnum cylinder which I thought was cool.
It's simple, no frills. It not as fancy as the Ruger, but it's plenty of gun for the money you pay for it.
I paid less that $150 for mine, and it's paid for itself in enjoyment. I take it out with my Henry Lever Action .22 and have a little rimfire cowboy shoot right in my back yard!

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »
Despite swearing I would not hijack this thread on all .22 pistols and revolvers into a Ruger Mark III thread, I have some good info on the Mark III (22/45) that I thought I'd share here, in case someone stumbled onto it.

The Mark III (22/45) has many good things about it, but disassembly is not one of them.  But it's no worse than an AR and I got used to that.

Anyway, Ruger has a video on their website on how to disassemble and reassemble the Mark III.

Here's the disassembly video: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/N-RugerTV-TT-MarkIIIDisassembly.html

Here's the reassembly video: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/N-RugerTV-TT-MarkIIIReassembly.html

Here's the Ruger web page with the instructions for various models of their guns: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/N-RugerTV.html#TT

teleman

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
I never liked the ruger mk III, use to shoot my buddies, it would always jam....
maybe it was the ammo or it needed cleaning, but that turned me off from them.
I have a heritage rough rider right now, i love it, mag and lr cylinders, its was cheap, and i can take it hunting here in PA.
If i wear it out i'll get a ruger single six, I like ruger a lot just not the mark III.
just my two cents...

Offline Roswell

• Search And Destroy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Posts REALLY REALLY ugly pictures...
    • Making A Homestead, One Day at a Time
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
I never liked the ruger mk III, use to shoot my buddies, it would always jam....
maybe it was the ammo or it needed cleaning, but that turned me off from them.
I have a heritage rough rider right now, i love it, mag and lr cylinders, its was cheap, and i can take it hunting here in PA.
If i wear it out i'll get a ruger single six, I like ruger a lot just not the mark III.
just my two cents...

I hope you meant "you use to shoot with your buddies"  :D

teleman

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
that why I said use to, cus they aren't around anymore..

just kidding... I mistyped

Offline ronoverdrive

• Prepper
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
I love my Ruger MkIII 22/45. I got the stainless steel version so it cleans up nicely. The tear down and assembly can be a pain, but once you get it down it's not so painful. Sharp shooter too. Me and my uncle plink soup cans at 75 yards with our Rugers.  ;D

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
My best friend swears by them. He once told me if he could have one weapon in the bush, it would be a .22 pistol. He's retired, former military and law enforcement.

My wife's been looking to pick up a .22 single-action with bird's head grips. I like U.S. Firearms expensive 12-shot .22 revolver.