Author Topic: New member - Tool to open someone's eyes  (Read 5903 times)

John Q Public

New member - Tool to open someone's eyes
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to the forum, and just wanted to say hello to all of you. I have been lurking in the background for some time soaking up all of your fantastic knowledge and decided that it was time to join in the community.

The survival podcast is something that I had been searching for for some time. Jack, your approach is exactly what I (and many others) need ---- a view of life from the self sufficient/survival mindset that isn't out on the fringe. Real world, everyday application of the preparedness mindset.

I have listened to every one of the podcasts, and have been able to share all of this with my fiancée. Luckily for me, she was on board from the get go.

My biggest concerns (other than realizing how far behind we are and trying to get up to speed ASAP) has been sharing this with my immediate family.

So, I created a video (it was my first shot so it is a little rough) that incorporates some footage from a recent interview on Fox News with Gerald Celente, a noted Trends expert, and a link to TSP.  I sent it to my family members as if it was something I found on line and asked for their feedback. They went nuts over it and asked me to help them come up with a plan for them.

I have posted it in a free file sharing service. It can be downloaded and viewed here: http://www.mediafire.com/GeraldCelente. My fiancée suggested that I post this to TSP as my first posting.

Hopefully, it will be of value to some of you.

I look forward to being an active member of the community.

Thank you for all of the guidance and support you have given to me, without ever knowing it.

Bighorn

Re: New member - Tool to open someone's eyes
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »
Very well put together. Good Job

John Q Public

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:13 PM »
Thanks, Bighorn.

I used the Windows Movie Maker program to do it. It was my first attempt at making a video, but I think it came out OK.

In the end, I wanted to put something together that would motivate the uninitiated to at least check out the site and begin preparing. It worked, and both people I sent it to decided that they needed to put together a plan.

Offline wcff3431

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
great job man.

Offline DeepSea1985

• Senior Survivalist
    • TN Tactical Supply
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
Your post is well done and much appreciated. This is a guy Celente deserves a little more research. Most interesting.

John Q Public

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
Thanks, Deepsea and WCF......

Gerald Celente is the founder of the Trends Research Institute. The organization's website is http://www.trendsresearch.com

FWIW, I am not employed by, or have any affiliation with this group.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »
It was actually kind of a little emotional for me at the end.  Seeing people moved enough by my show to take the time and effort to do something like this is just fricken like WOW!  This should really be on YouTube and honestly it is giving me one hell of an idea for a new contest! :o

John let me personally say thank you!  Let me also state SERIOUSLY that Mr. Public (whos real name I won't dulvege unless he chooses to do so) won a Stocking in the contest and there is ZERO relation to this video, he won before I had a chance to even watch the video.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
That was awesome and scary at the same time!!!

John Q Public

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »
Jack,

I am really happy to read that you liked the video. Based upon your email and your post I have placed it on Youtube so no one has to download the 20 MB file.

It can be watched here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uASBDQ5dqhU

John Q Public

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 03:44:18 PM »
Bailey,

I'm glad it was scary.....It was supposed to be!  :D

it's all about human behavior. More people are motivated by fear than anything else.

A little fear + directions on how to alleviate that concern = motivation to act

I sent this video to my sister, who is notorious for not acting on things.....Her response was "Jes*s, that was scary enough. Why the H*ll did you have to use the theme from Halloween to compound it!!!"

After laughing at her response, I re-directed her to TSP site and we started talking about getting prepared. Good stuff!

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Yeah the scary music sure accents things...

Offline Detrell

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 09:11:30 PM »
I just watched your video and i must say it was interesting and well presented, keep up the good work  ;)

- Detrell

jarhead

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
Great post.  A+

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
Great video!  I saw that interview with Mr. Celente when it first aired, but added to your video really sent the message in a way that he couldn't do alone.
Congratulations.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
+1 Well done. If this doesn't strengthen everyone's resolve then I don't know what will. I am going to send this video to others to see. I think it is important.

The video was very well done! It really puts what we are trying to do here into perspective. Excellent work!

Offline maplegrower

• Prepper
  • Middle Tennessee farm
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
Man, you did a great job on that video. Things are really getting scary. There are so many people out there that are going to get creamed by so many different events, its mind blowing. I still have alot of work to get done. I'd better hurry up and get my wife into nursering school!

Mike

Earth Monk

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 04:33:54 AM »
J.Q. Public,
You may have just found a caling.
We all have our callings...you clearly excell at this.
Great job, keep us informed of your new projects sir.
-Ras

John Q Public

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
Thanks, Earth Monk.....

I don't know about a calling, but it was fun to do!  ;D

I do have another idea for a "commercial" for TSP...but I am waiting to hear about Jack's new contest idea before I say anything about it.  ;D