Author Topic: LET’S TALK - “TURKEY”  (Read 1829 times)

Offline swanson

• Standing In The Gap
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • "Don't let others live in your head rent free."
LET’S TALK - “TURKEY”
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »
LET’S TALK -  “TURKEY”

Do your plans for Thanksgiving give you a platform to reach out to your extended family members with some perspective?

My Thanksgiving sure will…

Instead of the general useless banter about politics and sports that is far too overplayed on Thanksgiving day, I intend to insert the general topics of self reliance, sufficiency, and building a stronger family “unit” into the foray of conversation wherever it seems best placed.

I think the bleak economic forecasts for the near future are an opportunity to reach out to others and see where folks are at in their thinking and DOING, if anything…

How about you?

Offline firetoad

• Guardian of The Gateway
  • Global Moderator
  • Dedicated Contributor
Re: LET’S TALK - “TURKEY”
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:17:24 AM »
I like the idea and agree with you swanson. 

I think people in general will be more receptive to these areas of conversation due to the nation's/world's current situation.  There honestly would probably not be a better time to at least test the waters, if nothing else, than Thanksgiving.  The Turkey Day celebration already has an overtone of rememberance, reflection and thanks.  So, I would think that self reliance, sufficiency and the family "unit" is a great fit.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
Re: LET’S TALK - “TURKEY”
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »
Most of my family I have already broached the subject with. IF there is anyone else new there I will be more than happy to speak to them about it.