Author Topic: Letter from the future  (Read 1934 times)

John Q Public

Letter from the future
« on: November 23, 2008, 02:19:01 PM »
I blatantly stole this off of the Survivalist Forum, so I take no credit for this at all. However, I think it could create some valuable discussion.

If you had the ability to send a letter to Joe Six Pack back in 1928 - one year before he would be hit by the effects of the Great Depression - what would you advise him to do?

I know that we would all tell him to prepare for it ---- but specifically what would you advise?

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
Re: Letter from the future
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
I would advise him to instill in his children and grandchildren the ways to survive such as gardening, self-sufficiency, bartering, hunting, ect.

Isn't it weird that 1928 was the year before the Great Depression and 2008 might be the year before the 2nd Great Depression? It sets my Foil-a-Meter off as contrived, but I digress.

millerized1

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »
Hopefully they'd listen to it.  Most likely, they'd just ignore it.  This WAS the roaring 20s, NOTHING could go wrong!

Fast forward, 80years, you think anyone a year ago would have listened?  Outside of "us", 90% of the folks out there STILL don't understand.

Personally:  My mother, my brother...."blip" on the charts, this'll pass.  My dad thinks something is going on, but can't point to it yet. My brother in Tazmania, who's got big-time $$$$ in the markets and funds, and has absolutely NOTHING in worldly goods is going to lose EVERYTHING.  Actually, I should say has lost half of everything. He only has half left.  I told them all 2 years ago to at least get their money safe, move it to something that would carry them if the markets tanked.  No one even listened.  I did, I'm fine.  My parents, both brothers are watching things go downhill fast.

I sent my letter.  It was ignored.  I can't send any more, postage due is all that's left.

kaiservontexas

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Forget a letter I would send a laptop with a hard drive loaded with the films of all the crap the idiots at the top world wide will be doing to us over the course of time.  ;)

Oh I should add, I will tell them to buy as many BAR and Thompsons as they can being 1928 and all. No I will not forget the magazines.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 05:58:24 PM by kaiservontexas »