Author Topic: A woman that works with me started to tell me about...  (Read 2730 times)

Offline gigaJack

• Senior Survivalist
  • Click the website icon to view my survial summary
    • The Survival Summary
A woman that works with me started to tell me about...
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »
A woman that works with me started to tell me about her dad. I don't remember how we got to the subject but I think it was I told her my wife and I were experimenting with baking breads. She told me she has a great wheat recipe. I recalled her telling me that they use to grind their own wheat for bread when she was younger but I just thought they were farmers and didn't think much of it at the time. She went on to explain that her dad and mom keep bugging her to store food. I pressed her a bit further, "What kind of food and why". She said "this is going to sound crazy but her mom and dad come from a Mormon background and they have been storing up food for years now". I played along. I asked didn't they just have a fire that burned their house to the ground? She said yes. However, most of the food that they stored before went bad so they didn't loose much good stuff. She said her mom has had tons of free time lately and have ordered barrels of food for them and their three kids and their families. I said, "Wow, I would guess that each adult would need hundreds of pounds of just wheat to sustain them". She said, yep, they have barrels and barrels. She told me that they are building a secret storage room in their new house to store all their supplies. I said, well you know people older than us remember times when they couldn't just order their groceries online and have them delivered to their front door steps.

What this conversation told me is that there are preparers all around us and we might not even notice and I have been always been practicing the gray man techniques without even thinking about it. No one we know has a clue that we do what we do. And I like it that way.

gigaJack

Offline Jwatt

• Survivor
Re: A woman that works with me started to tell me about...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:48:12 PM »
Interesting story but why all the secrecy?  Do you fear people will come knocking on your door when TSHTF?

Pokethis

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:06 PM »
great story!  Many a religious types have been storing for "the end".  I've been storing just since 2007 and the beginning of this economic crisis.  The sooner we buy our supplies the less we spend.  Just get through it.  It won't last forever.  We are a society.  It is in our Contstiution, "provide for the general welfare".  We are in the boat and we should not cut everyones throught thinking they will take up our stuff.

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 11:59:30 PM »
I have been always been practicing the gray man techniques without even thinking about it. No one we know has a clue that we do what we do. And I like it that way.
Well your cover is blown now! ;D

Yeah, you never can tell who's prepping or the kind of preps if they choose to keep it secret. In my office everyone knows I'm into motorcycles and firearms but I tend to keep the food prep and bug in/out stuff to myself.

Pokethis

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 12:04:35 AM »
Oh Dan, the damn bug, can't stand it.  Keep trying to kill it.

Offline Tactical Badger

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Preparedness Junky
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »
Interesting story but why all the secrecy?  Do you fear people will come knocking on your door when TSHTF?

Uhhhhh...yeah!!  If not your neighbors, then the Feds.