Author Topic: My LED survival mod  (Read 1082 times)

Offline red-rider

• Fledgling Prepper
My LED survival mod
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
I own several of the LED Maglight brand flashlights, I use them at home and at my work.  A while back, I dropped my flashlight one too many times, and the LED separated from the main bulb portion. I took the "bulb" out and replaced it with the regular bulb provided as a spare to get me by.  I kept the broken LED bulb for some reason, I guess in the back of my head, I thought maybe I could fix it. 

The other day it occurred to me to use some 2 part epoxy to glue the LED back into it's holder.  I set the LED back in place, and mixed up some epoxy and used a small bead around the edges to cement it back in place.  The LED works fine now.  I decided to use the epoxy on my other LED lights to ensure that this failure doesn't happen again.  I didn't cement it permanently into the flashlight,  only the LED portion onto it's "holder", for want of a better term.

If your like me, you have a LED flashlight or three in your BOB, this may be something you want to look into to insure that the bulb stays intact in the case the light gets dropped.

On a side note, some 2 part epoxy would be a great addition to my BOB, there's no telling how much stuff I have fixed with that stuff.