Author Topic: Seed exchange  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Stein

• Dedicated Contributor
Seed exchange
« on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
I was just noticing that some packets of seeds contain from 30 - 400 seeds.  Assuming I won't need 400 heads of lettuce anytime soon, I figured we could set up a seed exchange.

I post what seeds I have for exchange and anyone who wants what I have and has something I want could simply ship a portion of a packet to each other.  Each person pays for the stamp and envelope to ship to the other guy or gal.

It could be complicated, but maybe we can group it so that you exchange one type of lettuce (or corn, peppers, peas, etc) for another.  This way we could grow several types of the same veggie without having to buy tons of different packets.  I would love to grow 10 different kinds of lettuce but don't really want to invest $25 for a million lettuce seeds.

Sound like a good idea?

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Seed exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:32:53 PM »
I was just noticing that some packets of seeds contain from 30 - 400 seeds.  Assuming I won't need 400 heads of lettuce anytime soon, I figured we could set up a seed exchange.

I post what seeds I have for exchange and anyone who wants what I have and has something I want could simply ship a portion of a packet to each other.  Each person pays for the stamp and envelope to ship to the other guy or gal.

It could be complicated, but maybe we can group it so that you exchange one type of lettuce (or corn, peppers, peas, etc) for another.  This way we could grow several types of the same veggie without having to buy tons of different packets.  I would love to grow 10 different kinds of lettuce but don't really want to invest $25 for a million lettuce seeds.

Sound like a good idea?
Does to me.

I always end up with way more than I can plant.  I'll see what I actually have on hand.  I know I have a couple different kinds of corn, cucumbers, tomatoes...who knows what else.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
Oh, +1 BTW. ;D

Offline firetoad

• Guardian of The Gateway
  • Global Moderator
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
I would join in.  I need to take an inventory of what I have for next year though and what I would be looking for.

As DEV said, great idea!