Author Topic: Anyone live in the North West?  (Read 3057 times)

Pokethis

Anyone live in the North West?
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »
I hope this doesn't happen but you never know...

Earthquake might hit NW from Urban survival - http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

And if you are into astrology take a look at http://www.starlightnews.com/ and click on "Nancy's Blog"  *Warning, almost everyone there is a hippy liberal so don't read the comments and/or just don't respond. 

Some things may happen Dec 10 - Dec 12.

Pokethis

Re: Anyone live in the North West?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »
They're writing ahead, this is for the 12th of December 08.  Also, the National Geographic article makes it seem unlikely that the moon will cause an earthquake.

Earth & Sky

Science podcasts heard 14 million times daily. Web community for a thoughtful future.

Closest and largest full moon since March ‘93

Earth & Sky Radio Seris
with hosts Deborah Byrd, Joel Block,
Lindsay Patterson and Jorge Salazar. 11 comments Download

(Credit: David. Some rights reserved.)

Friday, December 12, 2008.

Today, at 9:48 p.m. Universal Time, the moon will be closer to Earth than it’s been in the last 15 years.

The moon will be less than 357,000 kilometers – or 222,000 miles – away. After today, the moon won’t come this close to Earth for another 8 years.

This post edited to bring it into compliance with 'fair use' policy

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:20:40 PM by ZenGunFighter »

Offline ElyasWolff

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:57:12 PM »
Dont know if it is relevant, but 5 minutes ago I just saw a shooting star over Portland, OR.

DanceRat

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
I do!  New to the forum!  I am a hippy liberal I guess.  No, really I am.  But, I am also a really strong survivalist, and feel fairly prepared for pretty much anything including a volcanic eruption!  This is a fun forum, even if it does seem to be a little right wing.  Are there any other survivalists out there that are really liberal and left wing like me?  I'm probably the only one.

Pokethis

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »
Wow!  Welcome!!!  No you are not the only one.  I'm one too!!  But this is the right place because we are all working toward a common goal.  Because.. we want to do the things we can do to "live a better life if things get tough and even if they don't."  In my experience here people have been very good and do not stomp on you for your opinion (well at least not out in the open watch your karma points - lots of snippers).  But Jack is a good host and wades his way through all that fairly well.  Stay tuned, we will learn, live, and grow together in our common aim.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:38 AM »
I do!  New to the forum!  I am a hippy liberal I guess.  No, really I am.  But, I am also a really strong survivalist, and feel fairly prepared for pretty much anything including a volcanic eruption!  This is a fun forum, even if it does seem to be a little right wing.  Are there any other survivalists out there that are really liberal and left wing like me?  I'm probably the only one.

I remember watching St. Helens blow from my neighbors roof. Still think I got some ash in a jar around here somewhere. Just hope Hood doesn't go or I'll be out a home.
Welcome DR not a liberal but I don't mind it when our Govt. helps out those that are TRULY in need. Where are you from?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:29:06 AM by Bailey »

Offline Stein

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
If nothing else, we are supposed to get snow starting tonight and continuing through the weekend up here in Seattle.

Pokethis

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »
Thankfully, today nothing happened  :P