Author Topic: Win System Repeaters  (Read 5339 times)

Offline AZCeltic formerly occeltic

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
Win System Repeaters
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »
While I await the finances and the equipment to move into the area of HF, I have been taking full advantage of as many repeater systems as I can find that exist between California and Arizona. The one system of repeaters that seems to offer the best listening and talking experience is the win system. www.winsystem.org

I know that there has to be other operators on this forum who could connect to one of the systems repeaters and join me in conversation. Perhaps we could schedule some sort of TSP net on FM. Most of the repeaters use 70cm, but there are several 2m repeaters linked as well. What is so awesome about this system is the number of folks who pop in from various places around the world using other means to access the system. So far the farthest locations I have been able to log are Western Australia, Okinawa, the far northern parts of Alaska (north of the arctic circle) (man the guy had to be freezing his caho's off! ;D

Occeltic

KJ6EZR

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
Re: Win System Repeaters
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
Well I am actually surprised to have no expressed interest in the chance to connect with other TSP folks through a system like this.  :(
If anyone can explain why, or what it is that doesn't interest you about it, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Offline Alpha Mike

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I'm preparing for a lack of imagination.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »
I might, but I can probably hit you with simplex.   :o
Michael

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
Well then; give me a freq., and see if we can connect. I am off of Antonio Parkway next to the canyon with several hills between here and LF. Would be great to make the contact Mike.  :)

Occeltic

Offline Alpha Mike

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I'm preparing for a lack of imagination.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
OCCeltic,
Sorry, for not getting back sooner, life bogged me down for a bit there.  How about 147.770?  We should pick a repeater to come up on if we can't connect. 
I forgot you were on the other side of the hill there.  Maybe I can't hit you with simplex.
Michael

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »
  I think there has been talk of talking on IRLP also.

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
OCCeltic,
Sorry, for not getting back sooner, life bogged me down for a bit there.  How about 147.770?  We should pick a repeater to come up on if we can't connect. 
I forgot you were on the other side of the hill there.  Maybe I can't hit you with simplex.
Michael

No problem Mike. We have had several busy weekends ourselves. My guess and my local experience would say the chance of us connecting via simplex is not good. I know there are a number of repeaters in the area, but the one that works great for me in Rancho is 448.060 -pl 100. Let me know your call sign and a good time to give you a shout.

Occeltic
KJ6EZR

Offline 264Win

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »

Occeltic
KJ6EZR
[/quote]  Hello There I am on the Win System every night for the Insomniac Net. I will be around to connect after 22:00 and before the Net starts at 23:00

PAUL KL7ES   WILLOW ALASKA

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Thanks for the come back Paul! I will try to make contact with you sometime after 10PM Pacific. The WIN System is a great way for folks to connect from all areas of the world, and from all walks of life...including the Survival Podcast.

Occeltic

KJ6EZR