Author Topic: $4.00 A Gallon Gasoline By The End Of 2010?  (Read 3659 times)

Son_of_the_Republic

$4.00 A Gallon Gasoline By The End Of 2010?
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »
Gas prices are on the rise again.  In many areas of the U.S. gas prices are already hovering around $3.00 a gallon.  In fact there are some areas where people are paying as much as $3.50 a gallon, and many experts are predicting that gasoline could hit $4.00 a gallon by the end of 2010.  If this nonsense keeps up, how in the world is the average American family supposed to make ends meet?  Not only is filling up our tanks going to cost a lot more, but the price of gasoline factors into so many other things.  The U.S. economy just cannot handle a major increase in transportation costs at this point.  These increasing gasoline prices come at a time when U.S. consumers are already stretched to the max.   

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/4-00-a-gallon-gasoline-by-the-end-of-2010-how-in-the-world-are-average-americans-going-to-make-ends-meet-if-this-keeps-up

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
Re: $4.00 A Gallon Gasoline By The End Of 2010?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:46:28 AM »
We'll keep up the same way we did last time...  Stop buying stuff.  It will crush retail and cause a double dip.  Time to rebalance the portfolio agian.  I drive 64 miles round trip for work and drive a larger car and go through about 24 gallons of gas a week.

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
$4.00 gasoline is more than possible, but diesel will be the first to reach the $4.00 mark.

The problem with high gas/diesel prices isn't just the cost to families to transport themselves from place to place.  The cost to move goods will begin to skyrocket in the coming months.  Retailers and industries will not just "eat" these increased cost.  The increase cost will be passed along to the end consumer.

There are many reasons I think that prices of goods and services are dramatically going to increase in the next few months, but gas is one of them.

Offline kiteflyer

• Survival Demonstrator
  • The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »

I agree and look for all law enforcement to get harsher on the public,banning all firearms for carry use unless on your own land.Road blocks and searches of bodies and vehicles will be increasing. New devices will be employed everywhere around airports, hospitals,court houses and any government buildings. If any attacks comes from home grown,foreign or false flag attacks then look for Marshal law to become a reality. It's not ever going to be the same again for America. Most will obey unless starvation takes a grip on the general area.Do more with less is going to be the new slogan for America.Also cash could be eliminated and debit cards issued for all goods and services. A bleak assessment I know but don't fool yourself,power will not be relinquished by anyone in authority.

kiteflyer

$4.00 gasoline is more than possible, but diesel will be the first to reach the $4.00 mark.

The problem with high gas/diesel prices isn't just the cost to families to transport themselves from place to place.  The cost to move goods will begin to skyrocket in the coming months.  Retailers and industries will not just "eat" these increased cost.  The increase cost will be passed along to the end consumer.

There are many reasons I think that prices of goods and services are dramatically going to increase in the next few months, but gas is one of them.

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
  I agree and look for all law enforcement to get harsher on the public,banning all firearms for carry use unless on your own land.Road blocks and searches of bodies and vehicles will be increasing. New devices will be employed everywhere around airports, hospitals,court houses and any government buildings. If any attacks comes from home grown,foreign or false flag attacks then look for Marshal law to become a reality. It's not ever going to be the same again for America. Most will obey unless starvation takes a grip on the general area.Do more with less is going to be the new slogan for America.Also cash could be eliminated and debit cards issued for all goods and services. A bleak assessment I know but don't fool yourself,power will not be relinquished by anyone in authority.

kiteflyer

I don't see the coorelation between an increase in energy costs and Marshal law.

Offline ZenGunFighter

• BANNED.
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Martial law. Martial as in military.

And I'm having trouble making the corollation also...

Offline kiteflyer

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:54:26 PM »

This may help! In anycase no cheap energy means no growth and stagnation.Oil effects everything in the current system period. Matt Savinar has got it right in my opinion.

kiteflyer   

http://planetforlife.com/news.html

Martial law. Martial as in military.

And I'm having trouble making the corollation also...

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
July 14, 2008 the National Average for regular gasoline was $4.054/ gallon.  The $4.00 mark was breached on June 23rd.  The Dow opened at 11,103 on July 14th.  People woke up, went to work, and bitched about the cost of gas.  There were no body cavity searches.  No Martial Law. 

When energy costs skyrocket, we are all hurt, but I do not fear the end of the world because of it.

If you would like to continue a discussion of body cavity searches, I am sure you have a thread already started on the topic in the TFH area. ;)

This may help! In anycase no cheap energy means no growth and stagnation.Oil effects everything in the current system period. Matt Savinar has got it right in my opinion.

kiteflyer   

http://planetforlife.com/news.html

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:57:40 PM by Darkwinter »

Offline kiteflyer

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 03:21:35 PM »

How many aircraftcarriers where in the Persian Gulf then? ;D Body cavities is irrelevant for the thread discussion.My leap logic at least connects to a possible crash and burn scenario. Even the Pentagon is concern about it.

kiteflyer

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-14/iran-could-block-oil-transit-strait-of-hormuz-pentagon-says.html

July 14, 2008 the National Average for regular gasoline was $4.054/ gallon.  The $4.00 mark was breached on June 23rd.  The Dow opened at 11,103 on July 14th.  People woke up, went to work, and bitched about the cost of gas.  There were no body cavity searches.  No Martial Law. 

When energy costs skyrocket, we are all hurt, but I do not fear the end of the world because of it.

If you would like to continue a discussion of body cavity searches, I am sure you have a thread already started on the topic in the TFH area. ;)

Offline willille

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
And to top off the already high price, there are groups pushing for a 15 cent a gallon tax to be added to the price.

SnugInMyPod

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »
Fellow Survivalists,

I'm continuing my standard practices of keeping no less than half a tank of gas in the tank at all times, gassing up at night, using STP Gas Treatment, keeping the tires inflated, and maybe paring off some more weight on the truck.