Author Topic: New taxes for your health  (Read 1348 times)

Offline SaltyHobbit

• Senior Survivalist
New taxes for your health
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »
[/url]http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Grace-Marie-Turner-Obamacare-will-make-every-day-feel-like-April-15th-90773369.html[/url]

[Print]  [Email]            ?              
Grace-Marie Turner: Obamacare will make every day feel like April 15th
By: Grace-Marie Turner
OpEd Contributor
April 13, 2010

New taxes on investments, taxes on medical supplies, taxes on drugs and health insurance, and taxes on you if you are just breathing… the list of taxes Americans will face just got a lot longer thanks to ObamaCare.

The health overhaul plan just enacted represents the largest tax hike in U.S. history - $569 billion over 10 years through a dizzying array of taxes and fees that promise to frustrate taxpayers at every turn.  ObamaCare will make every day feel like April 15th.

(please click link for full article - post was edited by Alpha Mike, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations)

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Grace-Marie-Turner-Obamacare-will-make-every-day-feel-like-April-15th-90773369.html#ixzz0lAIIVL1d
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:42:36 PM by Alpha Mike »

Offline Stein

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: New taxes for your health
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:33:39 AM »
If you think that is bad, just wait for the true costs to show themselves.

I watched an interview with the former director of the CBO and his opinion was that this bill had more tricks, gimmicks and shady practices than any bill he has ever seen.

One example is that a certain benefit is scheduled to begin in year 11.  They start collecting tax for it in year 1.  Thus, the 10 year projection for this benefit by itself shows a huge surplus.  But, starting on year 11, there isn't enough money to pay for the benefit there on out.

The bill loads all the tax collection upfront and postpones major spending until year 11, right outside the projections we have been hearing so much about.

Add this to the list of Medicare/aid, Social Security and Part D for massive unfunded liabilities the taxpayer is now on the hook for.  Medical and retirement money is nearly impossible to back away from once the commitment has been made.

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »
One example is that a certain benefit is scheduled to begin in year 11.  They start collecting tax for it in year 1.  Thus, the 10 year projection for this benefit by itself shows a huge surplus.  But, starting on year 11, there isn't enough money to pay for the benefit there on out.

reminds me of the whole boiling frog thing (yes i know its not true)

roll in the taxes slowly and the sheep won't notice them.  the tinfoil hatter in me feels it was designed this way.

Offline willille

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »
A lot of countries found that they needed a VAT tax to pay for their lavish tax and spend agendas. I predict that when this commission to reduce the deficit turns in their recommendations one recommendation will be the addition of a VAT tax. If the Democrats are in controlling power at the time I think it will be passed and then implemented. If this happens you will see some very serious taxation.