Author Topic: George O. White State Forrest Nursery in Missouri  (Read 4340 times)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
George O. White State Forrest Nursery in Missouri
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
The George White Nursery located near Licking Missouri off of state highway 5 offers the Missouri resident the opportunity to plant native Missouri trees & plants at extremely reasonable prices.  They sell their plants by bundles and the prices hover around the $7.00 mark, depending on which plants you choose.

I ordered from them two years ago.  I bought blackberry plants, chestnut, Osage & a couple of other things that escape me at the moment.  You fill out a seedling order form with your selection & your preferred shipping date, based on your planting season, & then they send you a bill a few weeks before your shipping date.  Once you've paid your order they send your shipment out to you.  Check out their website.  http://mdc.mo.gov/forest/nursery/seedling/

It may be worth doing some research for folks that don't live in Missouri to see if your state offers something similar.  Missouri, I'm proud to say has an excellent conservation dept. almost entirely funded by hunters & recreational outdoors users.