Author Topic: Abuse of the Airwaves: Where is the FCC?  (Read 15932 times)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Abuse of the Airwaves: Where is the FCC?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
tittiger,

You are still a fairly new member to this board. So, you are getting a warning. Your comments and assumptions about the ignorance of the folks with whom you are debating this subject are objectionable.

example:
It really makes me ashamed to be an American  when I see demonstrated that Americans no longer know the difference between a right and a privilege. Nor the implications of this. It really does.

On the TSP forum you must be respectful of the opinions of others (even if you don't agree). If you cannot do that, you'll earn yourself a cooling off period of a few days' time. If you cannot reform, you'll be banned.

All points of view are welcome, as long as you adhere to this standard.

LvsChant
Not only that, but this is the wrong board to argue about abuse of government. 

This is an amateur radio board, not a political discussion board.

Offline AGGIE BELIVER

• Fledgling Prepper
  • "Hey, shouldn't there be some blood on my neck?"
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
I just joined the TSP forum and was reviewing the Ham posts when I came upon this post.  I decided to tune into 147.435 repeater in LA on Scanner Pro on my phone to see if the same level of insanity was still being practiced and it is still going on.  I stumbled on to this repeater over a year & 1/2 ago and was struck by disbelief at that time.  It is still Joe Walsh's personnel repeater and he was in full blossom @ 22:00 CT, 7-09-11.

I don't think that the people that I monitored are all licensed.  They definitely know that they are breaking every rule of operation that I am aware of.  No call signs or any operational courtesy plus the foulest language that I have ever heard on Ham freqs. or even 30 years ago when I was on the famous CB channels.

I am a Ham and a Prepper and what I hear out of LA radio traffic is something I would expect to hear after the SHTF event.  These adult radio operators (I won't refer to them as Hams) are demonstrating exactly what you would expect from an anarchy society.  Class is dead in southern Cal.

Offline AZCeltic formerly occeltic

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The Kilted One
    • Occeltic's Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 11:29:28 PM »
Sister Wolf quote:
 "The winsys repeaters are linked throughout much of the US, and they're on echolink as well for anybody else who might be interested in tuning into a really good example of what ham radio is NOT supposed to be."

Actually SW, the Western Inter-tie Network (winsystem) does not allow the use of Echolink or eQSO. They do allow IRLP. If the winsystem is not what ham radio is supposed to be, then what is? As I said before, I have never heard anything on the system that even comes close to what you say you experienced.  As for being linked throughout the US, there are winsystem repeaters in only 14 states plus 1 country. Anyone outside of that using IRLP for access. Anyway, I hope you are finding a way to enjoy being a ham. It was you and TW that inspired me to get my radios and license after seeing your new Yaesu way back on that special Thanksgiving for misfits. Hope all is well.

Occeltic

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »
??? You responded to my post 3 months ago, oc. If they don't use Echolink, then I don't know wtf I was listening to that was on the winsys repeaters when there was a guy in England talking to a guy here in So Cal.  Musta been IRLP.

I enjoy being a ham very much. Thanks. ;)

Offline jasperg357

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
This is one of the reasons why I have not pushed farther to get my ham lic.

I can hear that crap on CB and it's free.

I drive a Truck for a living so I know what you mean about the CB Radio,mine stays of most the time but there ar times that I do need it for my job. I am also a Ham Operator and I can honestly say there is a very big difference between the two. Yes you do have some A**Clowns on there who disrupt things but I wouldn't let that stop you from getting licenced. I believe you are missing out on a very rewarding hobby and having a reliable means of communication/Information source just makes good sense IMHO.