Author Topic: Add to your prep list  (Read 1425 times)

Offline CaptainRW

• Senior Survivalist
  • If you're in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK...
    • Cheshire County NH
Add to your prep list
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
FYI to all you preppers with a wood stove, get a chimney cleaning kit... :-) Might not be able to call the sweeper guy in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI deal...

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Add to your prep list
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
i'd ad to that the knowledge on how to use them and maintain a safe chimney

Offline Night Walker

• Prepper
  • "Pro Deo et Patria"
Re: Add to your prep list
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:56:01 AM »
i'd ad to that the knowledge on how to use them and maintain a safe chimney

All makes up what I consider the "Holy Trinity" of being prepared:

- Having the "stuff"
- A sharable way of knowing how to use the "stuff" (besides just your experience)
- Experience using the stuff (at least once, so you don't panic the first time or hurt yourself... or worse)

The better balanced you are between these three, the better you can deal with whatever comes. If you're laid up, you can have someone in your group use the stuff. If they don't know how, tell/teach 'em. If you find yourself without the stuff, you'll know how to use someone else's (and maybe teach them). If you're traveling, having the references allows those at home to use the supplies instead of having to wait for your return (but you did teach 'em, didn't you?). Having the big picture allows you to improvise and substitute when you don't have the original stuff.

Any one of the three makes you better-off than most in a SHTF situation. Having all three puts you in as much control as you can be.

</preaching>