Author Topic: Headlamp with Simple On/Off Switch  (Read 1632 times)

Offline ChrisFox

• Survivalist Mentor
Headlamp with Simple On/Off Switch
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
I've really been enjoying the Energizer head lamp I picked up earlier in the week. The only problem is that there are 4900 different modes, red, 1 light on, lights blinking, 2 lights on, all of them on at once. I'm looking for one with that just uses an on/off switch where you don't have to click multiple times to turn it off. The few I've searched are all the same, just wondering if anyone knows if there is one out there.

Chris

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Headlamp with Simple On/Off Switch
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:27:14 AM »

TerraLux ClipStar LED Headlamp - Terra Lux Flashlight (TLC-1)

I picked up a few of these cheap head lamps - they clip to a bill of a hat - was / is worth the 4.99 I paid at battery junction.  I don't think they still sell them - simple head lamp - works ok - kind of bothersome when I could see the light hit flecks of dust inches from my eyes.

I found the lights to be ok for night time walking the dog - useful when you want to keep your hands free when doing other things in the dark.

Brad(bn4) - In Colorado

Offline Nate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Rookie Registered Nurse
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:06 AM »
I have used a Petzl Tikka Plus for years.  It has one button and at its brightest setting is 40lumens.  One click on, wait a few seconds one click off.  If you click the button quickly it has 4 light settings.  High, medium, low and strobe.  The strobe is good for alerting rescuers to your location at night.  A friend of mine used his for this purpose in Wyoming.  It is small, lightweight and takes AAA's.  Mostly I use the high setting because it is the first one that comes on with one click.  If I want to conserve battery life I switch to the lower settings.  Often when I backpack in the dark I will hike using the lowest setting because I seldom need high beams to see where I am going.  If I hear a strange noise or am at a trail junction, I switch to high setting.

here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Petzl-Tikka-Plus-Headlamp-Khaki/dp/B000AXRUNW/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1318167751&sr=1-6
NATE

"This is the Law of the Yukon, that only the Strong shall thrive;
That surely the Weak shall perish, and only the Fit survive."  Robert Service

Offline JLMissouri

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
 I have the same issue with the Energizer headlamp. I don't like pushing the button four times or so for it to go off. Rayovac makes a headlamp for $6 that is simple one click on or off. It works pretty good, and is brighter up close than the energizer, but not as bright at a distance. It also seams like it is not as high quality, but it is a lot less expensive.
www.JLMissouri.com      Lewis Family Farm

Offline tipafo

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
For anyone who wears a hat regularly, or is willing to when needed, the PantherVision ball cap is a good buy at $20.  IMO, of course.

http://www.panthervision.com/

I get mine at Lowes.

The cap itself is fairly rugged, even after several trips through the washer.  The wiring really isn't up to more than a half dozen machine washes, though.  Probably repairable ....