Author Topic: Great self test software for exam prep  (Read 1896 times)

Offline sureshot

• Fledgling Prepper
Great self test software for exam prep
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:08:39 AM »

I just thought Id drop a line to the folks looking to get ramped up for one of the cert tests in the shortest amount of time. I've taken many certification tests over the years so I look for certain features when evaluating a tool like this. I used this fivebyfive software, cost is about $30 bucks. I am in no way associated with this product other than being a customer. Sure all of the questions and answers are freely available on the net but this tool has some cool study features. It has a built in rating scale of 1 - 5, all questions start off weighted as a 3. The more you get a particular question wrong the lower it goes in the rating, the more you get a question right the higher it goes in the rating. this allows you to customize your practice session on the specific questions that give you the most trouble. It has a tagging feature which allows you to craft a custom training session. Lastly you can choose the "take an exam" feature which creates randomized 35 question exam simulations in the exact fashion your going to be tested when you go live.  I ramped up at took my general in 1 week with this product so I cant say enough about it.

http://fccexam.com/

Offline tfelog

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: Great self test software for exam prep
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »
You didn't tell me you went general.

Offline RECraigJr

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
Do you have a link?

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »
The price does not seem to bad either - I have picked up a few books to provide additional info to see if I wanted to get my HAM license. 

I have used study guides before to pass classes, they don't instill why the question is right - just that this is the right question.

So did you go with just the PC based version or did you opt for the audio?