Author Topic: New Stuff  (Read 7770 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
New Stuff
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »
You will now see a bunch of new things at the top of the forum. 

One is a Staff List.  This will show you all the admins and mods here.

One is a Member Map.  You can set your location (please don't put the marker right on your house - that's poor planning, people) by going to your profile, zooming in to your apprx. location, and click the map.  Don't use the search function in the map.  It won't work if you do that.  Just zoom in, click the map, then go down and click the "change profile" button.  You'll be added to the member map if you do that.

Two more (the last two for now) are "replies" and "unread" tabs at the top.  Your typical unread replies and unread posts buttons are still where they usually are or were.  But now you also have them at the top in the quick links/tabs.

Sorry about the changes.  It's just part of the new system.  I thought explaining it might help a little.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
Re: New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
I had to kill the calendar.  It will be back up in about a week when we move to the new server.  For now it's causing too much server lag and they will shut us down again.

Offline Darkwinter

• Junior Evil Overlord
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Has his wife's permission
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
Calendar Tab is still available, sis.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
Thanks, dw.  I never finished in that screen.  Got distracted by another change.  ::)

It should be gone now.  :)

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:24:57 PM »
Yep, it's gone.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
...One is a Member Map.  You can set your location (please don't put the marker right on your house - that's poor planning, people) by going to your profile, zooming in to your apprx. location, and click the map.  Don't use the search function in the map.  It won't work if you do that.  Just zoom in, click the map, then go down and click the "change profile" button.  You'll be added to the member map if you do that...
I have really enjoyed watching the member map grow. 51 members on the map so far as of this post. If you are not on it yet, please do so.

I know we have more than one outside of the U.S. If you are, come on and wave your flag.

I know we have more than 4 in Texas. Let's flaunt the Lone Star. We can't let California be ahead of us.

And this goes for the rest of you, too!

SmartLikeTruck

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »
I just added my pin, surely I'm not really the most northerly member, c'mon time for the Boreal to represent!

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »
Sis: You do a lot of the design here, (or is it all of it?) can we get a TSP logo to display on the iPod when playing the podcast as other podcasts do?

Also: is there anyway to stop following a thread, topic, that you've posted in, so when I look at "show new replies to your posts" I can delete a topic I no longer which to be reminded of?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Also: is there anyway to stop following a thread, topic, that you've posted in, so when I look at "show new replies to your posts" I can delete a topic I no longer which to be reminded of?

As far as I can tell, there's no way to do this.  Sorry.