Author Topic: What did you do today to prep...  (Read 6200864 times)

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
Re: What did you do today to prep...
« Reply #26370 on: October 08, 2020, 02:44:12 PM »
Stumbled upon 2# of CFEBLK and a 100 count of 220grain freedom pills. Reloading back on the menu for 300 BLK

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #26371 on: October 09, 2020, 10:50:50 AM »
I am planning a trip to the big city (just north of it) - and the stop is next to Cabelas to see if there are any freedom seeds in some of 300 blackout style.
The trip is to pickup some casting equipment and a few molds that I picked up on the used market.    With the molds I can start to grow my own seeds for my slow(er) moving plants.

The 'fun' in the big city is scheduled for this Sat; and my plans are to stay away from that event and counter event.  So warning, Denver CO might not be a fun spot to visit; unless your idea of fun is vastly more different than mine.  Event is around 2pm this Sat (10/10/2020).

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #26372 on: October 09, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
I am planning a trip to the big city (just north of it) - and the stop is next to Cabelas to see if there are any freedom seeds in some of 300 blackout style.
The trip is to pickup some casting equipment and a few molds that I picked up on the used market.    With the molds I can start to grow my own seeds for my slow(er) moving plants.

The 'fun' in the big city is scheduled for this Sat; and my plans are to stay away from that event and counter event.  So warning, Denver CO might not be a fun spot to visit; unless your idea of fun is vastly more different than mine.  Event is around 2pm this Sat (10/10/2020).

If you are going to the Cabela in Owatonna MN then you are out of luck. No 300blk seeds. You gotta roll your own at this point unless you are willing to pay upwards of 3.50 (for the subsonic seeds) That is assuming you can even find any.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #26373 on: October 09, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »
If you are going to the Cabela in Owatonna MN then you are out of luck. No 300blk seeds. You gotta roll your own at this point unless you are willing to pay upwards of 3.50 (for the subsonic seeds) That is assuming you can even find any.

Nope - there are two Cabela stores in Colorado - or is it 3.  South Denver / North Denver / Grand Junction.  Also there are a hand full of Bass Pro shops in the local area.  The trip is for 5 molds, furnace, bunch of lead and some odds and ends for casting my own.  If Cabela's has stuff - that will work, but that is not the primary reason to go.  Looking at my supplies I could use a few more boxes of AAC.  I have one mold for that round and about 2k of brass.  I have the right primers and I might have 2 pounds of powder.   Currently the 'fun toy' is configured for 22lr with the other top end collecting dust.

On a fun note, the last Cabela that I drove by was at Owatonna MN.    And yes, I have more than one 'fun toy' that can take on the roll of house protector.   Another seed of freedom I could use, comes from WWII days, M1 Carbine ammo.  And no, only have a reproduction.....

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #26374 on: October 10, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »
Adding cash'0 to the stash'0  ;D

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #26375 on: October 11, 2020, 08:08:05 AM »

Building a wood shed to store and keep dry about 6 cord of firewood for the house.
This should have happened about......oh......25 years ago.  ::)

Offline Knecht

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Czech emissary at TSP forum
« Reply #26376 on: October 18, 2020, 02:00:40 PM »
Harvesting walnuts every day lately...trying to dry them, but they still catch mold...we crack them and only dry the nuts themselves to save them. Same happened last year, they start to mold no matter what we did...we have them on metal screens in wooden frames, all open to airflow...anyone has advice? My cousin rinses walnuts with bleach, which I don't really want, but it really sucks discarding baskets of molten walnuts that we couldn't crack fast enough.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #26377 on: October 18, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »
We do the same. Laying on screen wire outside for a while, then move them into the shop still on screen wire.

Made forms and poured concrete around the posts on the new woodshed.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #26378 on: October 19, 2020, 02:40:46 PM »
Wife is prepping the last of the peppers for the dehydrator