Author Topic: My wife came up with some good questions...  (Read 16046 times)

SouthernLiving

Re: My wife came up with some good questions...
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »

2. How do you figure out where to go if you need to leave? Wouldn't it be a different place depending on the situation? And would this be a friend's place, family?

I keep a packet of info in my BOB and in both of our vehicles.  In this packet I have detailed maps to 5 destinations, phone numbers of our contacts there and phone numbers of several hotels in those areas.  Four of the destinations are at least 200 miles in different directions, and the one we choose will depend on the direction our threat is coming from.  The fifth is a hotel about 30 miles away in case there is a very localized disaster.  One of the destinations is with friends, the other three are with family.  Each know we may come there in times of trouble.

I'm not big on making a list of every possible catastrophe that could ever happen and making detailed plans for each.  I believe the best plan is flexible and with minor adjustments on the fly can be used for most situations that arise. 

ottowolf

Re: My wife came up with some good questions...
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
I would also suggest some extra knobs for the Mr buddy heater, and igniters. had a knob break  on mine during a fishing trip