Author Topic: A little bite of childhood  (Read 1187 times)

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
A little bite of childhood
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »
Man, its tough to beat a tomato sandwich with a fresh heirloom tomato, still warm from the sun. Like Grandma used to make :) one of the few times this carnivore doesn't miss the meat in a sandwich.

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: A little bite of childhood
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
My wife was just telling me about her childhood tomato sandwiches. She says her mother would take fresh made bread out of the oven and then thick slice it and put tomato, lettuce, sweet onion and mustard or mayo or both on.

I don't remember any tomato sandwiches put I do remember stealing my mothers salt shaker and sitting in a transparent apple tree and eating apples till I could hardly move.

Offline thefamfarm

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: A little bite of childhood
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
home grown tomatoes--I don't know if that was one of the few things my mom knew how to grow or if she grew them just to remind her of John Denver (who she was a huge fan of) all i know is when I bite into a fresh home grown tomato I always feel warm inside, I don't have a lot of happy childhood memories but for some reason home grown tomatoes and John Denver always reminds me that there was some good mixed in with the bad