Author Topic: A very small & very cheap razor knife for your mini survival kit.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline LdMorgan

• Dedicated Contributor
For those who feel that an Altoids box is preposterously bulky and packing two bandaids is situational overkill--I have just the emergency knife for you!

In the  $4.99 Tire Repair Kit made by CIT Tools and sold by Harbor Freight is a neat, sweet, & petite little razor knife intended for cutting off protruding tire plugs after a repair.

I fixed a tire today and was surprised and delighted when I found it.

The knife has a 1.75" blade, is 2.5" in length over all, and only 7/16" wide. And the handle is a whopping 0.050" thick.

That ought to fit just about anywhere. I sure fits nicely into my wallet.

The blade is pivoted on a hollow rivet--so the knife can even be strung on a survival necklace. Just be sure you scotch tape it closed, since it's not a lockblade.

Is it cheap? Yes. The total cost vanishes into nothingness when you make your first tire repair.

Is it tiny? Yes. But it has a very respectable little blade on it, and it's VERY sharp.

Is it tacky? Not really. It's actually kind of cute.

Will it work in an emergency situation? Perfectly--as long as you use it properly and keep in mind that it's the dinky little knife you have--not the really great one you accidentally left at home, or the one you just had to leave in the sunken wreckage of the airplane along with all the other gear you now so desperately need...

To wit (if I may offer one of my most favorite quotes): "The least you have is better than the most you don't."

Offline Ponce

• Prepper
Re: A very small & very cheap razor knife for your mini survival kit.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Is the same that I found out with one of those key chain lights......took it apart to see how it works and found out that by getting rid of 90% of the same that it will fit in your walled (even you will forget that it is there).....all that you have to do is to place something between the battery and the leg that touches it.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
good find...

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
Anyone have any pictures?