Author Topic: FYI-Where to buy American Gasoline  (Read 5893 times)

Offline Nate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Rookie Registered Nurse
FYI-Where to buy American Gasoline
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
Below is the text from an email forward I received about where to purchase American Gasoline.  I deleted some of the rhetoric about boycotting Saudi Arabia and left the list.  One company listed as not using middle eastern oil is Valero.  I am 99.9% they get their oil from Venezuela and therefore do not buy my gas and diesel from them.  If this has been addressed in another post please feel free to delete.  I did not find anything in the search about this topic.

The following gas companies import Middle Eastern
oil:

Shell....... ......... ....... 205,742,000  bbl
Chevron/Texaco. .. 144,332, 000 bbl
Exxon Mobil....... ...... 130,082,000 bbl
Marathon/Speedway. 117,740,000 bbl
Amoco....... ......... ........ 62, 231,000 bbl

CITGO oil is from Venezuela , the "President" is Dictator Hugo Chavez who openly hates
America and vows to cause our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude
oil per day from OPEC. If you
do the math at $70 per barrel, (today's price)
that's over $386 million PER DAY ($141 BILLION per year!) handed over
to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!
It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a
barrel or higher if we're not careful and keep buying their products.

Here are some large companies that
do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco...... ......... ......... ...0 barrels
Conoco............ ......... ........0 barrels
Sinclair.... ......... ......... .....0 barrels
BP / Phillips.... ......... ....0 barrels
Hess. ............ ......... ........0 barrels
ARC0........ ......... .......0 barrels
Maverick.... ......... ......... 0 barrels
Flying J. ............ .........0 barrels
Valero...... ......... .......0 barrels
*Murphy Oil USA* ......... 0 barrels

Note:
Murphy is sold at Wal-Mart , the gas
is from South Arkansas and fully USA
owned and produced.

*Not only that but they give scholarships to all
children in their town who finish high school
and are legal US citizens.
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: FYI-Where to buy American Gasoline
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Roger That. I buy my diesel from Fly'g J and we buy our gasoline from Sinclair and Maverick. I'm sure my $80K a year I spend on diesel doesn't mean squat to the import oil people but it means a lot to me.

nkawtg

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »
Well that doesn't work here in Las Vegas. All of the stations here in town get all their gas from a single pipeline from Los Angeles. So all of the stations listed above may all be pumping middle east gas. So how does Chevron and Shell pump their own brand with their own unique additives? The pipeline ships bare gas in three grades with no additives. Each brand adds its own additives at the shipping terminal in Vegas.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »
The gas may be mixing in the pipeline, but the money doesn't mix. It's not like there is anything physically wrong with middle eastern oil touching American oil, you just don't want your money to go overseas.

Offline reefmarker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
I lived within spitting distance of one of the largest east coast fuel terminals and all the fuel goes down the same pipe line(s), and since it is a "commodity" who we buy it from doesn't matter alot.  For example, we supposedly buy zero / no oil from Iran, but the current issues with Iran are radically affecting our costs.  It's more like all the oil is put into one big can and we suck it out.  We can say the money really isn't going to Iran when we fill up the car, but if we don't buy it from Iran someone else does who would have bought it from our supplier is Iran wouldn't have had slightly cheaper since the US won't buy it.

Plus, don't forget we are one of the largest (if not the largest) exporter of finished petroleum products in the world.  We import alot, but we export alot also.  We almost exported more gasoline last year than what we used.  So some of the importing is just to export it again.

It is sort of like gold.  The #1 producer (2010) was China.  I'm not really sure they are our good friends.  Probably alot of the gold in the US is from China, but that doesn't stop us from putting the rings on our fingers and the bars in our safes.

I'm not a big fan of Murphy oil because they are tied so directly to Walmart.  I think chinamart has done much more harm to the small town USA then good.  Plus, they don't give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens.  Unless, "their town" is where Murphy USA headquarters is located, or they keep this very secret since I've lived in a town with at Murphy for the last few years and there has never been any talk of a scholarship.

This is just one of those crusades that doesn't work in my opinion.  The only way you could not buy middle east oil is to not buy any oil, and to do that you would probably have to quit buying any sources of energy since they are so closely tied together.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
So where does Cumberland Farms and Gulf get their oil from because that is who I mostly buy from.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »
Cumberland farms bought some GULF stations when the company folded and BP got GULF's refinery on the east coast so it should be BP gas here on the east coast other locations are Chevron gas. Chevron bought the rest of the company when they merged in 85' but it took years for Chevron to switch all the stations over