Author Topic: Suggestion for old digital camera  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Fusilier

• Prepper
Suggestion for old digital camera
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »
As technology marches onwards, we all end up with things like older digital cameras that still work but are not current and we just don't use them any more.

I took my old digital camera (3.1 mp - remember those days?) and vacuum sealed it with a spare set of batteries and a small SD card. The package sits in the back of my car as part of my BOB kit (not really one bag, just spread out in the trunk's various compartments and hidey holes at the moment). I figure if I ever need a camera to capture the details of an accident, an outstanding family moment, or even that photo of bigfoot receiving care packages from that pesky UFO, I'll have a camera handy. Keep the batteries out of the camera but separate in the bag to keep them from leaking and causing damage.

I also have vacuum bagged matches, wind up radio, road side battery 'flares', car tow strap, and a few other goodies in the trunk. Not all as organized as they should but kind of like when building up a pantry, I'm slowly getting the bits and pieces together as they become available. I know they don't have to be vacuum bagged but doing so keeps them clean and organized and allows me to keep them separate and identifiable from the other flotsam and jetsam in my trunk.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
Re: Suggestion for old digital camera
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
We took our old one and gave it to our oldest (4 years at the time) as his camera to take pictures with. You get some unique perspectives from a child left unwatched with a digital camera.