Author Topic: Gifts ideas?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Erigorn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Finally joined MSB!!
Gifts ideas?
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:56 AM »
Assuming most basic prepping needs are met, what would you want or what would you give that is somewhat prepping related.
I guess i'm saying food, water, power, etc are either already covered or will be covered through other means.
Really looking for extras of prepping nature. My first thoughts were books, night vision and guns. (Nice to have (or have more) but not needs). Essentially toys.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
PS if you have any books you would recommend throw that out (i'll have to dig around for some options soon)

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Gifts ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
My son (38 yoa) asked for some freeze dried and MRE meals....when he asked me what I wanted I said a bigger garage to store more stuff :)

Would like to get a bivy bag, some night vision stuff and a spam can of ammo. After that it would be something like the winning numbers to the lottery. 8)

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »
This year I got solar chargers for all the Kindle's in the family.  As far as books, I would recommend any of the books (fiction or non-fiction) by Ayn Rand.  I'd also recommend Unintended Consequences by John Ross.  Then I would recommend The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.  If you want other ideas, just let me know.

Offline Erigorn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Finally joined MSB!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. Keep 'em coming.

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »