Author Topic: Get diesel delivered to home  (Read 3361 times)

Offline aakelley

• Prepper
Get diesel delivered to home
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
I found a killer deal on a 250 gallon diesel storage tank with a pump while trolling craigslist recently.  My question now is how do I get it filled?  It will fit in the back of my truck, but when full it would weigh nearly 2000 lbs, so I'm not too keen on lifting it out of the bed with forks (lots of bad things could happen).  So now my question is does anyone know of a way to get on-road diesel (don't want to mess around with getting caught with the red dyed stuff in my truck or Jetta TDI) delivered to your house?  Is this something that a company like flying J would do?

Bioboy

Re: Get diesel delivered to home
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
When I was working out west, the same company my delivered my heating oil, Farm gas for a neighbour, Generator fuel for the hog barn I worked at and dropped of bulk gas/diesel for the church camp down the road. Different drivers and trucks but the same company.
Find a bulk fuel delivery company in your area even if they don't do it I'm sure they know someone who does just make sure your clear about the nonfarm gas part.  ;D   

Offline digger

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »
You must also check State & County fire regulations. I have a 250G tank, but cannot get a permit for it, the jobber (bulk retailer) won't fill it without seeing a permit.  So, it is behind the barn, I fill a 55G barrel in the p/u, and pump it into the tank, a few trips, tho. I like having fuel around should something happen. Like hurricanes, storm damaged utility lines, tshtf, etc.........

Offline aakelley

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:32 AM »
Good point on the regs.  A bunch of farmers around me all have tanks, so I guess I will ask them if they get them filled or if they do it themselves.  Any ideas on where I can find the regs?  (yes, already tried a few google searches).

Offline digger

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
aak, the way I found out was to call the salesperson at the jobber (Conoco here) He was the one that asked if I had a permit, then told me the agency at the county to call to get it.