Author Topic: Prep while on the road  (Read 963 times)

Offline JdsurvivalPA

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Prep while on the road
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
As someone who travels 2-3 nights away from every week for work. I have thought recently that I need to not only find ways to keep my preps up to par but also how important making sure the family knows how to be safe and secure at home while I am away for work.

I really enjoyed Jacks podcast "zero to prepared" and as a result I have over the past few weeks made sure that thw wife knows everything from how to turn the water main off to where to go if she and the kids have to evacuate the house (still working on getting her firearms training but that will come in due time).

A tip for any other "road warriors" out there. Hotels over time can build some basic preps. Before I check out I field strip the room. I would never steal or suggest others steal hotel property but the little bath products and extra roll of TP ate great to stuff into the suitcase.

I actually did this long before I began thinking in terms of survival. I have whole Rubbermaid bins for every thing including soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash. I used to just keep these bins as a reminder of countless nights away from home. I now realize that these items may be good to barter, use in an energy or simply given to friends and neighbors in an emergency situation. I also have been using reward points to buy gift cards that are used to build preps.

Offline TexasGal

• Prepper
Re: Prep while on the road
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
...little bath products and extra roll of TP ate great to stuff into the suitcase.

My DH travels a lot and he's been bringing home the little shampoo bottles and such for years! Great to have on hand, but they do add up. So much to the point that I had to purge some of them not too long ago. The local homeless shelter appreciates those little bottles, unopened of course  :)